Notifications
Clear all

2022 Fixture list

Page 4 / 4
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member
“All sorts of reasons. Stadium availability, especially those who share grounds, re-seeding pitches in the summer etc.”

My experience of life tells me that it’s much easier to find (make) excuses than to actually deal with a problem.
Our all weather pitch and sharing the stadium surely can’t affect our home fixtures? 
ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/11/2021 5:43 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

The days of home and away alternatively are never coming back unfortunately...

In terms of the Widnes Premier TV stuff, I guess with us and Bradford, there is a touch of the Nottingham Forest/Derby County (Leeds in the past) about it in the sense that none Widnes/Bradford people may well tune in wanting to watch us lose, even though we may well not feature in the real business end of the table.

Anyway, we can only see how the TV deal works out for both parties....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/11/2021 7:19 pm
(@torn-sock-1)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @former-chemic
“All sorts of reasons. Stadium availability, especially those who share grounds, re-seeding pitches in the summer etc.”

My experience of life tells me that it’s much easier to find (make) excuses than to actually deal with a problem.
Our all weather pitch and sharing the stadium surely can’t affect our home fixtures

Of course it can.

If the council wanted to put a gig on at the stadium then the fixture would take 2nd priority. Also for clarity don't Widnes rent the stadium, not "share it"? Therefore the council can do what they want.

There are also lots of other things to take into account. For different things if there was a big festival on locally or some other big event it's more like that would mean an away game that weekend for that club.

For teams with football clubs (or Union/cricket/other sports clubs) nearby I suspect their matches will either take precedent, or at least be factored in as to which days can/can't be used for home games. Especially with pitches. As an example they wouldn't want a home game for a union club on a sat, then league on a sun in Feb, or it would be ruined for the rest of the season.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2021 3:27 pm
(@johnnyboy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @martin
Posted by: @johnnyboy

Anyone seen you can add the fixtures to your phone (article on FB)? Not the end of the world but when you add them to an iPhone they start at 11pm and run into Monday??? 🙄

I’ve downloaded it on to my iPhone and it’s perfect, Sunday 3-5pm. Not sure what your doing wrong but I’m no tecky and just clicked on it

Martin I simply clicked it so I shouldn’t think I did anything wrong! Looked like a few people were affected (I suspected it was a compatibility issue and time zone settings). All sorted now as I deleted the add in to iCalendar and re clicked a few days after and it was correct. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2021 9:08 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin
Posted by: @former-chemic

Our all weather pitch and sharing the stadium surely can’t affect our home fixtures? 

That might be true of Widnes - but there are 13 other teams in the division. Even if one club in the league has to do 4/5 weeks of away games, that then impacts everybody else's H/A.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2021 3:12 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: