Notifications
Clear all

2022 Fixture list

Page 3 / 4
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

@viking-man the clubs won’t make a penny out of this TV deal, the viewing figures will be dreadful. It’s a pointless exercise. No one watches Premier Sports. We are where we are, I just thought a bit of common sense may have been applied with the TV picks. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2021 12:15 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

@widiot 

The fixtures job that Bill Fallowfield did with a fag packet and a pencil has now become a major task for Rimmer!

No home/away routine, Bank hols are always long travel fixtures rather than just up the road. Heaven help the Climate!!!!

Just got to get that 'lager' mentality, at home nobody beats us! And away games we go with attitude.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2021 3:10 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member
Posted by: @sandgroper

Just got to get that 'lager' mentality, at home nobody beats us! And away games we go with attitude.

A better selection of lagers would be nice too 😉 

On a more serious note wouldn't be sorry to see no Bash weekend because quite possibly we would play Leigh to boost the crowd up (and the viewing figures like 2019) whereas other rivals may be playing easier opposition.

Last time there was a 'proper' season it took 31 points to get into 6th, so around 16 wins out of 27....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2021 6:08 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

Why is Round 21 listed as tbc?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2021 6:30 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

@steve The so called 'summer bash' I assume.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2021 6:34 pm
(@johnnyboy)
Reputable Member

Anyone seen you can add the fixtures to your phone (article on FB)? Not the end of the world but when you add them to an iPhone they start at 11pm and run into Monday??? 🙄

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2021 8:11 pm
(@bedford-viking)
Trusted Member

@sandgroper I guess the number of clubs in SL and the Championship who don't own their own grounds and/or share them with other clubs/sports makes home one week away the next a little more complicated for today's fixture compilers. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2021 8:17 pm
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @cj91
Posted by: @sandgroper

A better selection of lagers would be nice too 😉 

On a more serious note wouldn't be sorry to see no Bash weekend because quite possibly we would play Leigh to boost the crowd up (and the viewing figures like 2019) whereas other rivals may be playing easier opposition.

Last time there was a 'proper' season it took 31 points to get into 6th, so around 16 wins out of 27....

Well I have been through the fixtures & get 15 or 16 wins so on that basis it will be touch & go that we make 6th. I think the top four will be Leigh, Featherstone, Bradford & Halifax as they have recruited strongly. The 5th & 6th places I reckon will be between Widnes, Batley, Newcastle & York. It will be no cake walk especially if we stick with 4 props. I am eagerly looking forward to the season though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/11/2021 12:15 am
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

@geoffw we've got to be matching Bradford and Halifax and vying with them for top 4.We beat Bradford twice and Halifax once with the other game a narrow defeat and as far as I am aware their signings are nothing to write home about 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/11/2021 11:03 am
(@wetherby-viking)
Posted by: @johnnyboy

Anyone seen you can add the fixtures to your phone (article on FB)? Not the end of the world but when you add them to an iPhone they start at 11pm and run into Monday??? 🙄

Glad it wasn't just me.  Thought I'd done something wrong! It seems to have been corrected this morning though.

https://widnesvikings.co.uk/sync-2022-fixtures-to-your-phone-computer/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/11/2021 11:36 am
Johnnyboy reacted
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @widiot

@viking-man the clubs won’t make a penny out of this TV deal, the viewing figures will be dreadful. It’s a pointless exercise. No one watches Premier Sports. We are where we are, I just thought a bit of common sense may have been applied with the TV picks. 

So shall we all just pack in and go home then and not bother? No one brings RL down more than RL fans.

Clubs won't make any money out of it says the Widiot:-

Clubs will be rewarded if subscriptions surpass a certain number, too. As part of the deal, Premier will pay the production costs involved in showing games and they will receive all the money that comes in from subscriptions until those costs are covered. After that, clubs will receive a profit share from any subsequent income brought in.

Add sponsorship to this as well and then it really is up to the fans to back it, being on TV brings in direct revenue.  Also, the league doesn't lend itself to have a local derby every Monday night - it's too spread out.  Away fans don't matter in RL because only about 3 clubs in SL take enough away fans to make a significant difference.  An RFL official told me once that away fans aren't considered when these things are put together because there is never enough to make a difference, he was absolutely right.    

Other comments on here criticising the Monday night - RFL haven't got a clue etc.  They wanted the Sunday night, they've come out and said they wanted a Sunday night slot but Premier Sports didnt' have a slot for this, RL fans need to increase subscriptions and viewing figures to warrant more of a prime time slot, so that's up to fans.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/11/2021 2:57 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

I’m not sure what Premier Sports will be showing on a Sunday night between February and September, but at the moment they are showing  a repeat of a Scottish cup match on one channel and a Hockey match on the other channel.

Do you think these would get better viewing figures than Rugby League?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/11/2021 6:51 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin
Posted by: @former-chemic

Once again I’m confused by the expert who compiled the fixture list.

It seems simple to me but why can’t the league games be scheduled as home - away, home - away etc.. ?

All sorts of reasons. Stadium availability, especially those who share grounds, re-seeding pitches in the summer etc.

If clubs all owned their own grounds and could call the shots as to when games were, then it would be possible.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/11/2021 1:29 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin
Posted by: @widiot

Premier Sports are paying to broadcast, so clubs will get £££ regardless.

The reason Widnes are probably picked most for TV games is because they expect more fans will want to tune in to watch Widnes than other clubs. 200 might have travelled to Newcastle for the game, but 500 might watch it on TV.

Given our away support at Dewsbury last season, I very much doubt the Rams will be losing much sleep over it. Our game at Dewsbury in 2020 was live on Our League on a Sunday night too.

The more pertinent issue is just how it's going to affect our squad availability on those Monday night games. However, the advance notice should help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/11/2021 1:32 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @johnnyboy

I’ve downloaded it on to my iPhone and it’s perfect, Sunday 3-5pm. Not sure what your doing wrong but I’m no tecky and just clicked on it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/11/2021 2:43 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share: