Notifications
Clear all

2022 wishlist

Page 3 / 7
(@d-day)
Estimable Member

Been there done it, they didnt improve when they were here.  We need to be in the market for better players than the Chaplehow's if we want to be in the play off's next year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2021 10:00 am
 JJ65
(@richard-richard)
Reputable Member

Hope we dont sign the Chaplehows, would be step back IMO.

I don’t rate the Chapelhow’s one bit, but not sure how they’re a step back. We literally only have 2 fit props, both of which are kids. The Chapelhow’s will be better than nothing.

Because its giving contracts because their face fits not because they would make a difference.

That's if this is even true which I very much doubt.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2021 10:03 am
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Hope we dont sign the Chaplehows, would be step back IMO.

As opposed to signing forwards that never play ? Say what you like about the Chapelhows but at least they turn up each week and put a shift in.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2021 10:19 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Plus the have been under a SL coach all their careers (LOL) but they are still young and could still improve.

Personally I would prefer Championship-proved forwards with a bit more grunt but there maybe a need to get more community involvement if SL funds go down the pan!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2021 10:51 am
(@viking123)
Trusted Member

Heard this morning that we are looking at local ametuers too and that scouts will be in attendance at the west bank vs hornets game this weekend.... Does the name Karl glover from West bank mean anything to anybody (not too clued up on the amateur scene) as that's the name being mentioned at the minute as a possibility

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2021 11:07 am
(@d-day)
Estimable Member

Heard this morning that we are looking at local ametuers too and that scouts will be in attendance at the west bank vs hornets game this weekend…. Does the name Karl glover from West bank mean anything to anybody (not too clued up on the amateur scene) as that’s the name being mentioned at the minute as a possibility

Are we that skint we are having to look at local Amateur's?  Not saying they couldnt make the up as Hulme as proved,  or is it a case that the talent through RL is no longer available?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2021 11:48 am
(@viking123)
Trusted Member

Heard this morning that we are looking at local ametuers too and that scouts will be in attendance at the west bank vs hornets game this weekend…. Does the name Karl glover from West bank mean anything to anybody (not too clued up on the amateur scene) as that’s the name being mentioned at the minute as a possibility

Are we that skint we are having to look at local Amateur’s? Not saying they couldnt make the up as Hulme as proved, or is it a case that the talent through RL is no longer available?

I believe the money is there for the right player.... Why not give a local amateur a shot.

These lads play for free because they love the game, even better if they are a widnes lad because then you know they will be giving 100% for their home town.

You never know... Be may just find a star

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2021 12:02 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Not being funny but do we have to sign the Chapelhows as a pair?

I think we have to be careful with the old 'they are Widnes lads' thing.

Yes they will give 100%, but if any of us here played we would give 100%, doesn't mean we would be any good; same goes for players we are looking to sign.

If they are good players who are from Widnes that is ideal, but where we are at now, I would rather take a good player from Leigh than an average player from Widnes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2021 12:24 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Not being funny but do we have to sign the Chapelhows as a pair ?

I think that's how they come,as a pair.Might be two for the price of one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2021 3:57 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Main thing is that the club is moving to change things for the better. Hopefully more to come, forwards particularly. This will mean that mistakes will be resolved and give us a better shot next year. A tougher pack (hopefully) will give our backs a better base.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2021 5:40 pm
(@pascal)
Prominent Member

Brown from Sheffield and Holroyd from Workington? Any good.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/widnes-vikings-aaron-brown-holroyd-21286981

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2021 8:02 am
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Plus the have been under a SL coach all their careers (LOL) but they are still young and could still improve. Personally I would prefer Championship-proved forwards with a bit more grunt but there maybe a need to get more community involvement if SL funds go down the pan!

Young ? 26 in September mate.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2021 9:16 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Most top grade props are over 30!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2021 10:54 am
(@pascal)
Prominent Member

Pascal just wants to know are we going to be a top team next year with some French flair?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2021 11:46 am
(@widnes89)
Eminent Member

Think given where we are now and how we've struggled with strength in depth for a good few seasons, don't think the Chapelhows would be the worst move. Maybe wouldn't want them starting week in week out and you wouldn't want to pay them top dollar to be bench / back up players, but if they are available and fit in with whatever wage structure the club have then why not.

Also think the amateur scene certainly could be worth a look. Maybe not just Widnes, but Wigan way as well. Might not turn up anything, but defo worth a look or a few chats with local coaches

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2021 12:57 pm
Page 3 / 7
Share: