Notifications
Clear all

2021 Squad

Page 6 / 18
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

I actually never minded the twins admittedly I agreed with the aggression side but I didn’t think they where that bad

however a front row pairing of the chapelhows or a fully fit front row pairing of Matt cook and Lee Jewitt I think there’s only one answer

but that’s the key keeping both men fit and firing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2020 9:11 am
(@blue-viking)
Estimable Member

Agree with the above mate really can’t fault the club so far who they have brought in and who they have retained and let go. Looks like we are starting to put a pack together that can dominate a game which will be the first time a fair while. Another really good signing that one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2020 9:16 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Some suggestions on twitter that there is a bit of a clearout ongoing, with Lyons potentially on the way out too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2020 12:35 pm
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

Haha Matt shaw first put clear out then changed it to exodus so it went from us getting rid of them to them seemingly choosing to leave

im sure there’s mutual consent in many of the cases of players leaving

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2020 1:13 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Thought Lyons has something to offer.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2020 1:44 pm
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

I am sorry to see Lyons go has great promise IMO. Good luck to the twins who have served us well. They are both steady with 7 or 8 seasons left in them whereas Jewitt & Cook although better all round experienced props have only one or two seasons in them at 33 years of age, so are only a stop gap probably for the 1 season. Losing Wilde is a fairly big loss as he makes over 40 tackles a game. So overall not much progress made if any as to the overall strength of the squad so far. Obviously much more to come & hopefully we will end up stronger overall. Moran will also need replacing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2020 7:13 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

I am sorry to see Lyons go has great promise IMO. Good luck to the twins who have served us well. They are both steady with 7 or 8 seasons left in them whereas Jewitt & Cook although better all round experienced props have only one or two seasons in them at 33 years of age, so are only a stop gap probably for the 1 season. Losing Wilde is a fairly big loss as he makes over 40 tackles a game. So overall not much progress made if any as to the overall strength of the squad so far. Obviously much more to come & hopefully we will end up stronger overall. Moran will also need replacing.

The difference between the Chapelhows and Jewitt/Cook is the the former's potential and the latter's experience. If we are looking for a shot at promotion in 2021/22, the experience will serve us better.  I agree re Wilde - a decent hardworking player, but perhaps we will need to see who we get in to replace him. I guess that there will be a few SL players available once SL clubs have sorted out their squads for 2021.

I thought Lyons was over rated who again showed some potential, but perhaps we need more than potential at this stage.

e

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2020 8:08 pm
 ma
(@ma)
Trusted Member

Not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere - I saw a few weeks back that Olly Ashall Bott didn’t have a deal for next year with London (not sure if this has been sorted yet). I’d love to see him back at the club and carry on with the early promise. Not sure we could afford him AND Jack though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2020 9:53 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

I thought that Craven, Grady and Buckley had signed two year deals last year?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2020 7:34 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

I thought that Craven, Grady and Buckley had signed two year deals last year?

Had a look at the old site postings : Page 22  Grady and Craven - 2yr deals

Page 20  Buckley  - 2 yr deal

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2020 7:44 am
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Tim Sheens said he saw Lyons as a full back, rather than a half back. Whether we've got the luxury of being able to carry him in the squad while he makes that transition, remains to be seen.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2020 8:48 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Notice that Owen Farnworth is not in red, maybe James hasn't confirmed it yet. Probably our only agressive home grown forward. The result was that opposition could single him out. He should benefit from some more assertive beef around him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2020 9:20 am
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Halifax confirm Tyrer is leaving...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2020 5:03 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

We are announcing someone tomorrow, wonder if its Tyrer, someone else new or a re-signing?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2020 7:33 pm
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

The main issue with Lyons for me is that he’s technically sound but he doesn’t excel in any category hence why he’s championship at best unfortunately.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2020 7:58 pm
Page 6 / 18
Share: