Notifications
Clear all

2021 fixtures

Page 2 / 2
(@ceejay1)
Reputable Member

In case people have forgotten TODAY is LANCASHIRE DAY.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2020 3:54 pm
Davie
(@davie)
Eminent Member

Widnes was not in Mercia  from the 9th C . It was invaded by the Vikings as part of the Danelaw. Mersey translates as sea boundary, separating us from Runcorn, which WAS and remained in Mercia and founded by Etelfleada, King Alfreds daughter. Mercia translates as Border people.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2020 7:42 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Thinking again, it’s looking like lockdown will totally end by Easter Monday, in the mean time we will be allowed to play before crowds of up to 2000?

but may go up to 4000

is 2000 a viable figure, admitted some other clubs would struggle to get 2000 on a really good day

So season start first week in March ?

friendlies in feb

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/11/2020 9:02 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

I think we will be able to start at the beginning of March, if the cases keep falling like they have been. The latest figures for Halton are 219, and just a month ago they were over 400. Hopefully with some people starting to get the vaccine from next month, the figures should start to fall further. If they limited the crowd to 4,000 that would be nearly our average crowd, so would be fine.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2020 3:37 pm
(@djones)
Estimable Member

I think we will be able to start at the beginning of March, if the cases keep falling like they have been. The latest figures for Halton are 219, and just a month ago they were over 400. Hopefully with some people starting to get the vaccine from next month, the figures should start to fall further. If they limited the crowd to 4,000 that would be nearly our average crowd, so would be fine.

We've got Christmas and new year before the start of the season, cases will no doubt rise significantly after Christmas,  putting all area's at higher risk of going up into higher levels.

In tier 2, the limit is 2,000 people, I can't see anywhere coming out of tier once they're in it, not until the majority of the population has been vaccinated, which is unlikely to be before the start of the season.

How many season ticket holders does Widnes RL have?

If its more than 2,000, how does the club pick who goes to home games?  Every season ticket holder will want t attend games, is it going to be a case of if you[ve got a season ticket (if more than 2,000 have been sold) you go into a lottery each game, a husband/wife could get the go ahead to attend, but their other half doesn't get approved. Non season ticket holders banned until attendances allowed to increase.

Its a minefield that the admin staff are going to have to deal with, we'll all have to be patient.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2020 4:31 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

I guess that 2000 is pretty well our ST number, but surely an effort could be made to accept a percentage of the ground capacity. That would allow for good spacing between spectators and favour decent venues.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2020 6:21 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

It all depends on tiers, by February halton could be in tier one which means 4000 fans allowed

suspect ST are less than 2K

Getting mine as soon as fixtures announced

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/11/2020 7:04 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

Boris has said he’s going to review the tiers every fortnight. Hopefully our figureskeep on coming down.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2020 7:52 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

As the lucky team are announced on 16 th dec, cannot see fixtures until week after at first, that probably means first week in jan before announced ?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/11/2020 7:11 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: