Notifications
Clear all

mars flight

(@glynn)
Honorable Member
Topic starter Posted : 20/04/2021 12:33 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

only short test flight, but this is a massive step forward rather than the slow moving rovers.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/04/2021 12:35 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

How much do you reckon it cost to do that ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2021 9:12 am
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

a fair few bob i reckon

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/04/2021 12:42 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Ryanair would’ve done it cheaper!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2021 1:24 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

controlling a drone from millions of miles away and you also have to understand a flight in virtually no atmosphere is pretty hard to do. not a bad achievement for the advance in space exploration.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/04/2021 4:01 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

controlling a drone from millions of miles away and you also have to understand a flight in virtually no atmosphere is pretty hard to do. not a bad achievement for the advance in space exploration.

I agree Glynn and it would be fantastic to think that space exploration will be of benefit to all humans but you look at the mess we’ve made on Earth and you look at the way genuinely brilliant scientific discoveries have been derailed for military purposes and private profit and I just think that perhaps we should tidy up our own backyard before we mess up a new house.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2021 6:35 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

true

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/04/2021 10:32 am
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

I agree Glynn and it would be fantastic to think that space exploration will be of benefit to all humans but you look at the mess we’ve made on Earth and you look at the way genuinely brilliant scientific discoveries have been derailed for military purposes and private profit and I just think that perhaps we should tidy up our own backyard before we mess up a new house.

not just on earth

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/05/2021 1:09 pm
Share: