Challenge cup draw

Notifications
Clear all

Challenge cup draw

Page 1 / 3
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

A good draw for Widnes, west Wales away in the first round .

Topic starter Posted : 11/02/2021 5:17 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

Home to Whitehaven or Dewsbury in the second round .

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/02/2021 5:19 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Be nice to get through to Round 3, funny that West Wales have a HB pairing of Henson and Chase: imagine that 10 years ago in SL.......

Presumably some streaming coverage somewhere?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2021 6:04 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

Bbc said they were going to live stream some of the ties, and I think Our League are going to do some as well.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/02/2021 6:10 pm
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

Could not ask for better draws really for both rounds.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2021 7:06 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

I would think that the Featherstone v Bradford game will be televised. The Henson/Chase link and the local impetus into the game in Wales may well attract the interest of the BBC. Do clubs receive any additional funding for CC games or televised games?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2021 7:34 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Great draw x 2

pity no crowds as west Wales is the second nearest for me

whats their average crowd - about 300 I think, you never know there could be crowds of up to 2000 by then !
onwards and upwards !

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2021 8:37 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Agree that, for once, the draw for the first two rounds couldn’t be kinder to Widnes.

And, I’ll bet next weeks wages that one of the tv channels will cover the ‘Henson and Chase’ game live.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2021 9:25 pm
(@griffin1)
Estimable Member

We will only have ourselves to blame if we do not win both games and qualify for the AB sundecks semi final.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2021 4:25 am
(@lord-lucan)
Trusted Member

Skybet's odds for the 1895 Cup make interesting reading!

https://m.skybet.com/rugby-league/1895-cup/event/26889091

They've clearly taken into account the draw for rounds 1 and 2 of the Challenge Cup, with Widnes having an obvious chance of reaching round 3 (and therefore the semis of the 1895 Cup).

Halifax would have to beat Batley away and then visit the winners of Fev v Bradford, hence their inflated odds.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2021 1:19 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Reckon that’s a decent ew for York - Widnes price far too short for outright win, think we could be on the box, no other game shouts out, possibly sheff / York

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2021 4:16 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

That’s assuming fev / Bradford is first choice game which would put us playing sunday

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2021 4:18 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

We will only have ourselves to blame if we do not win both games and qualify for the AB sundecks semi final.

Decent draw and a good test for the team. West Wales will be all out to take the Widnes scalp and Dewsbury always seem to give us a game too.

I would blame the referee if we lose!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2021 6:41 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Good job the Dewsbury game is at home if we both win, we always struggle on that small heavy pitch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2021 7:37 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Perfect season start, relatively easy game, harder and then a league start at home against Newcastle

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2021 8:41 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: