Notifications
Clear all

Squad 2024

Page 3 / 3
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

@jdgsport 

Who played half their games last season - 6 tries ? Do you reckon we should have a chat with PAV?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/10/2023 9:34 pm
(@salwid)
Eminent Member

i just want better pleyers...the team is worse than last year...AC work his magic to keep widnes up...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2023 10:34 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

@salwid 

Not as easy as that. Good players in one team might not look the same in another! The mix has got to be right that's the key!

The coach is part of that as the conductor of the band!! Good players like Widdop and Lolohea have had a hard time chiming into sides here for instance.

I know that in the commercial world M & S and other big companies spend a fortune getting personnel companies to choose the right type for team balance and it isn't any different on the RL field.

Leave it to AC - that's his job!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2023 10:55 am
 BEGG
(@begg)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @sandgroper

@salwid 

Not as easy as that. Good players in one team might not look the same in another! The mix has got to be right that's the key!

The coach is part of that as the conductor of the band!! Good players like Widdop and Lolohea have had a hard time chiming into sides here for instance.

I know that in the commercial world M & S and other big companies spend a fortune getting personnel companies to choose the right type for team balance and it isn't any different on the RL field.

Leave it to AC - that's his job!!!!!

Exactly and to be honest are the players that great who have left for pastures new? We come 9th for a reason and nobody knows Coleman plans. He might also be saving some for a quality number 6, DR or a few loaned players like he did at Swinton. Lets give the coach a chance and personally i do not see the team much worse or better to be honest. We do seem to have a bigger pack overall, especially if buy another big back rower. Olly Davies and Hatton were hardly big players busting the line.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2023 7:14 pm
(@pascal)
Prominent Member

Looking at the squad it looks like back rowers needed,  number 6 and a centre. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2023 9:36 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: