Notifications
Clear all

Recruitment 2023

Page 1 / 8
(@pascal)
Prominent Member

Well Kear has done a fantastic job, even with players that was very poor under Finnigan. The players were never that bad, and I feel they are playing to be included in the squad for 2023. I would be looking at 80% roughly to be kept, and more quality added with a bigger squad to compete in the top 3. One thing in Kear I trust and love his passion. 🥖🥖🥖👏👍 

Topic starter Posted : 09/08/2022 7:09 pm
(@gpo1971)
Honorable Member

You say the players were never that bad but the consensus on here 2 months ago was that we needed to get rid of most of this season's players. It's amazing what a coaching change can do. I'm not having a go, just saying that the landscape is much changed now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2022 8:52 pm
(@cumbria-viking)
Reputable Member

Still hearsay till proven otherwise but watched the full 80 podcast before and they were quoting common knowledge  Tom gilmore...Michael ward and ant walker all heading to widnes for 2023 ....amor already done ...Johnstone apparently done but not confirmed ...if correct that's 5 in ...personally think there'll be a fair few out 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2022 9:18 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

@gpo1971 You are right. Bent was described as the worst player ever to pull on a Widnes jersey and the players were described as not up to NW Counties standard; and a mass clear out was needed.

Kear clearly rates Bent - who to be fair was highly rated by Oldham fans and described as a “tackling machine” - and is almost certain to be retained, as will most of the current squad. We seem to have signed well for 2023, if rumours are to be believed and, in my view, we need a bigger squad than this year any way.

For some reason, the players were not performing under Finnigan and this must reflect on both the coach and the players. Much in the same way that players were not performing for Kear at Bradford, leading to his sacking. It would be interesting to get a comment from Kear on what he has done to change things around so much in such a short time. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2022 9:28 pm
(@pascal)
Prominent Member

We  know that all the squad can not leave, and if a mass Exodus of players where do you get them? It does show some of these players did not play for Finnigan, and we do need more quality for next year and depth. Love to ask Kear why were these players so crunchie under Finnigan 😂🥖🥖🥖

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/08/2022 5:30 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

@cumbria-viking

Where can I access the podcasts?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2022 6:13 am
(@gpo1971)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @pascal

We  know that all the squad can not leave, and if a mass Exodus of players where do you get them? It does show some of these players did not play for Finnigan, and we do need more quality for next year and depth. Love to ask Kear why were these players so crunchie under Finnigan 😂🥖🥖🥖

As positive as the attitude is around the place at the moment, maybe some players should be asked why they'd stopped putting in effort in Finnigan's last few weeks. Fans were still paying to watch them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2022 6:50 am
(@cumbria-viking)
Reputable Member

@sandgroper go on  youtube and search "the full 80 minutes " ..there was an episode yesterday that mentions those players...its presented by mick gledhill n has rugby agents on it so fair chance what there hearing has some truth

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2022 8:55 am
Gulley Sucker
(@gulley-sucker)
Eminent Member

@sandgroper if you have Spotify you can listen to the podcasts there. Here is the latest show https://open.spotify.com/episode/7wuy8nibajEqPHvBp4J8d1?si=PIb6UA4HRtSV9AS5lBxOdg

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2022 10:24 am
TerryB reacted
(@cumbria-viking)
Reputable Member

Latest one is last night ...championship and league one ...the one GS has posted is pretty much all super league ..they do a couple a week...type into YouTube either full 80 minutes or show me the money rugby league ...that's Craig Harrisons page who usually Co hosts n is ine of the top agents

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2022 11:02 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

@gpo1971 But maybe Coach has opened the eyes of the fans - certainly in Bent's case!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2022 11:05 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

@cumbria-viking Thanks!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2022 11:06 am
(@delta-machine)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @gpo1971

You say the players were never that bad but the consensus on here 2 months ago was that we needed to get rid of most of this season's players. It's amazing what a coaching change can do. I'm not having a go, just saying that the landscape is much changed now.

I think most people who knew there rugby league knew that there was a lot more to come from these players.. delta was banging the drum for a change in coach for a while kear comes in and hey prest.. Turnip Finningan wasn't up to the job it was fudging obvious GDP1971

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2022 11:22 am
(@delta-machine)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @gpo1971
Posted by: @pascal

As positive as the attitude is around the place at the moment, maybe some players should be asked why they'd stopped putting in effort in Finnigan's last few weeks. Fans were still paying to watch them.

Stop being so naive ball bag.. it never happens in sport.. the player's were shot of everything from confidence to game plans etc.. and that's the turnips responsibility to sort it out it's his job.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2022 11:27 am
(@pascal)
Prominent Member

Definitely was a Turnip Finnigan 😂😂🥖🥖🥖

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/08/2022 11:36 am
Page 1 / 8
Share: