Notifications
Clear all

Recruitment 2023

Page 8 / 8
(@pascal)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @viking25

After Lewis Hatton from Swinton, apparently.

Liked the look of him when we played against him 

Our friend from Swinton might tell us a opinion. Spelly your thoughts?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/09/2022 6:56 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

The thing I like about the players released article is it says that recruitment for 2023 has been ongoing for sometime and is virtually complete. It's good to be well organised, all players can have a full pre-season together along with an experienced head and strength and conditioning coach in Kear and Beswick.

I've read from a few sources that we are spending pretty big next season. It will be interesting to see who is announced. Amour is signed, Walker and Jordan Johnstone have both been stated as signed in the press but not officially from the club. Gilmour and Rhys Evans have also been rumoured. With todays announcements that Smith and Tyrer have retired and Spedding has been released both names must be in the frame.

We must have already signed more players given we have just released 8 and 2023 recruitment is almost complete.  With Hulme and Gregory going JJ from Hull to share the hooking role with Fozard makes sense, I wonder if Doro has signed permanently from Wire to replace Levy? 

One player i would add to the mix is Dec Patton, he's Warrington based and played under Kear at Bradford.  They have just signed Holmes at half back, would you have him at scrum half to replace Smith? Would people prefer a Craven/Gilmour or a Craven/Patton half back pairing next season?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2022 9:07 pm
(@sunny)
Noble Member

@dan1 

Playing Devils Advocate, why not Gilmore/Patton - Craven hasn't played well for some time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2022 10:35 pm
(@mckviking)
Prominent Member

@sunny i agree with your comments regarding craven but he’s part of the woodwork and will be 6 next season, would I like to see Patton sign or on a season long loan, yes. 

i am excited to hear of the new signings and with a full preseason can hopefully have a successful 2023

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2022 11:28 pm
(@d-day)
Estimable Member

Heard Doro is leaving, not sure where he is off to though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2022 6:25 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

@d-day 

Lads like him will be looking for FT berths. Field is another loanee who might be in the same bracket tbh.

I hope that those classed as 'retained' are signed up!!! Likewise Beswick as Strength/conditioner.

The new signings may be agreed but not signed as yet and it's a rat's nest out there!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2022 8:00 am
(@viking95)

So I believe the signings we've done for next season is...

Kyle Amor

Jordan Johnstone 

Tom Gilmore

Mike Ward

Ant Walker 

Rhys Evans 

Lewis Hatten

Maybe Dixon 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/09/2022 7:14 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Patton is on contract with Bradford for 2023.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2022 9:57 am
(@cumbria-viking)
Reputable Member

Via matt Shaw on his live chat q&a ... widnes have not signed Michael ward 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2022 6:29 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

I see Patton signed a contract extension for 2023 in February. A lot of players leaving Bradford and reportedly on a smaller playing budget for next season, fans not happy. 

This post was modified 2 years ago by Dan1
ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2022 8:01 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

As a temporary relief from funeral TV I had a look at an old DVD of us versus Leigh 2017. Interesting as it featured a Widnes side containing JJ, Danny Craven and Tom Gilmore.

They managed to take Leigh, containing Higham and Reynolds, apart!

May be a hint for the future?

This post was modified 2 years ago by sandgroper
ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2022 8:35 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

22.9.22 a video being promoted online by the club, with Craven and Owens talking about admin and the club giving players a chance etc.

Nice bit of PR, be interesting to see what the specifics of the announcement are.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2022 5:24 pm
(@pascal)
Prominent Member

All is good an Academy if a Super League team, but it costs money and we don't always keep the best players. Hopefully a big backer like a Koukash or Backhouse who wants a successful club. One thing is if we ended up doing good like Salford, then we would smash the support. Anyway I am in dream land, and a pity slap head O Connor didn't have the heart in Widnes. If we could reach top 4 and be in a similar position to Fax, I will be a very happy man banging my baguettes. 🥖🥖🥖🥖🎉👍👏

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/09/2022 7:00 pm
Page 8 / 8
Share: