Final League positi...

Notifications
Clear all

Final League position 2023

Page 1 / 2
(@wrlfcefc1989)
Estimable Member

Just a bit of fun, and it will only be people's opinion, but where do we all think we will be in the league by the final game of the season?

I'm going for 6th place at a push. I can see, in no particular order, Toulouse, Fev, Halifax, Barrow, York, and Keighley being above this year. 

Topic starter Posted : 21/10/2022 11:52 am
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

Myself I honestly think it’s third or forth. Defo Toulouse and Featherstone the rest is how we gel as a team and how we play on the day.👍👍

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2022 12:11 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Not that bothered where we finish just want to see some exiting RL and the players giving there all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2022 12:36 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Sixth at best.Not that we have improved the squad much,just that Kear won't have such disastrous results as Finnegan did.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2022 1:05 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Unless we strengthen further I would say anywhere between 5th and 8th depending on injuries. I don't think we have enough quality in the pack to get any higher.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2022 1:26 pm
(@jeffjonno)
Estimable Member

1895 Cup should be taken more seriously from now on,With promotion and relegation gone,It will be a better experience for fans now with the Lunchtime kickoff compared to the year we got to the final which was farcical.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2022 1:52 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

At the moment I would say 7th, the 5 mentioned above plus Batley who made the GF this year.  However with a decent squad 3rd behind Tolouse and Featherstone is easily achievable. Fax, Batley and Barrow are all solid part time sides but nothing more. Featherstone aren't outstanding, they only just beat us and lost to Batley to miss the final. Tolouse it depends who they lose/recruit, but I would expect them to finish 1st.

It will be interesting to see how Keighley go next season as they have made some big signings, I'm surprised Henderson has gone to York. Maybe he thinks they will get a SL franchise being a city club with nice places to stay. Keighley won't get in with the likes of Cas, Huddersfield and Leeds already in the area so he's probably right.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2022 9:25 pm
Northstar
(@northstar)
Estimable Member

6th or lower, unless the club pull out two or three real showstopper signings for our 3/4 line and pack. We are WAY off with the signings we've made so far. Seriously, have we not learnt that signing large numbers of players from lower leagues and relegated teams is false economy? We are becoming the Nottingham Forest of the championship, sadly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2022 10:22 am
(@cuerdley-viking)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @northstar

6th or lower, unless the club pull out two or three real showstopper signings for our 3/4 line and pack. We are WAY off with the signings we've made so far. Seriously, have we not learnt that signing large numbers of players from lower leagues and relegated teams is false economy? We are becoming the Nottingham Forest of the championship, sadly.

Gives the impression ''we haven't got a pot to piss in''

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2022 12:00 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Sadly Widnes are no longer a big draw for any available players of quality.We are just a bog standard,mid table second division club,no better than Sheffield and Batley.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2022 5:45 pm
(@sunny)
Noble Member

Third or Fourth.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2022 10:37 pm
(@cumbria-viking)
Reputable Member

Unless the team gel unbelievably or there's more to come then we'll no dought be fighting for 6th with batley..Bradford keighley Sheffield...top 5 right now will be toulouse fev..fax..barrow and york 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2022 12:31 am
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

5th, at least.

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2022 12:45 am
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

6th 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2022 8:25 am
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

The same Forest who beat the scousers yesterday and play in the prem ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2022 9:29 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: