Clear all

Final League position 2023

Page 2 / 2
Northstar
(@northstar)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @mick-george
Posted by: @northstar

6th or lower, unless the club pull out two or three real showstopper signings for our 3/4 line and pack. We are WAY off with the signings we've made so far. Seriously, have we not learnt that signing large numbers of players from lower leagues and relegated teams is false economy? We are becoming the Nottingham Forest of the championship, sadly.

The same Forest who beat the scousers yesterday and play in the prem ?

No, the Forest who made 21 poor signings in a season, spent 15yrs outside the prem and are down the bottom of the league.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2022 9:58 am
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

6th or lower, unless the club pull out two or three real showstopper signings for our 3/4 line and pack. We are WAY off with the signings we've made so far. Seriously, have we not learnt that signing large numbers of players from lower leagues and relegated teams is false economy? We are becoming the Nottingham Forest of the championship, sadly.

No, the Forest who made 21 poor signings in a season, spent 15yrs outside the prem and are down the bottom of the league.

Your living in the past mate Forest are dining at the top table unlike ourselves who never again will.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2022 12:11 pm
(@pascal)
Prominent Member

It depends on who else we sign, and we may get some top quality loans. 4 teams in Super league not too far away who might not be required at their club. Full pre season with a top coach I feel 4th to 6th position and some luck with injuries. Hoping something up the sleeve and 3rd an outside chance. 😂🥖🥖

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2022 12:24 pm
Northstar
(@northstar)
Estimable Member

Your living in the past mate Forest are dining at the top table unlike ourselves who never again will.

Nope, it's you that's missing the point and not reading my post. They made 21 lesser quality signings rather than spending on fewer, higher quality players that will really make the difference.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2022 12:43 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Nope, it's you that's missing the point and not reading my post. They made 21 lesser quality signings rather than spending on fewer, higher quality players that will really make the difference.

Missing the point really ? Do you know this as a RL forum and mobody gives a fudge about football.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2022 1:54 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

In my view, we should be aiming for a top six finish and a decent run in the play-offs. I envisage a 4-6 finish or maybe higher, depending on whether there are still a few more signings to be announced or season long loans. To be honest, while we are bemoaning the lack of quality signings, maybe others may be struggling too. 

Who knows how strong Toulouse and Featherstone will be after their disappointing 2022 season? Will Batley, Barrow and Halifax be as strong in 2023? York had a poor season in 2022 and possibly, not a great improvement to come. Will Keighley be ready to compete in 2023, even with the signings they have made?

One thing for sure is that when you add Bradford, Sheffield, Newcastle, London and Whitehaven to the mix - and maybe even Swinton - the Championship is going to be very competitive in 2023. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2022 2:23 pm
Northstar
(@northstar)
Estimable Member

Missing the point really ? Do you know this as a RL forum and mobody gives a fudge about football.

My post wasn't about football, my post compared us to Notts Forest - they've bought lots of bang average players rather than a few quality ones and they are doing terribly. That was the point I clearly made. I posted that we look like doing the same  But you knew all that, and now you're trying to start an argument and de-rail the thread. Do us all a favour and jog on you troll.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2022 2:53 pm
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

My post wasn't about football, my post compared us to Notts Forest - they've bought lots of bang average players rather than a few quality ones and they are doing terribly. That was the point I clearly made. I posted that we look like doing the same  But you knew all that, and now you're trying to start an argument and de-rail the thread. Do us all a favour and jog on you troll.

Sorry @northstar , but there is no such team as Notts Forest. It's either Nottingham or Nott'm. Notts is County only.

As the season progresses, Forest may gel & click, its still 20-odd games to go in the EPL.

Pedantic Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2022 4:34 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Nottingham is a fair comparison in some ways.Once a big club winning trophies,now a small club doing nothing but existing and making up the numbers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2022 5:47 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @frankg

One thing for sure is that when you add Bradford, Sheffield, Newcastle, London and Whitehaven to the mix - and maybe even Swinton - the Championship is going to be very competitive in 2023. 

Agreed, I’m looking forward to seeing some good quality competitive games next season - and I’m banking on us finishing 6th.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2022 6:47 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Almost every year we hear that the championship will be competitive but usually one team or two dominate it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2022 8:14 pm
(@jeffjonno)
Estimable Member

Reading an interview with Houles in tonight’s League Express he says there will be a massive overturn of players at Toulouse,it looks like they won’t be as strong as they have been in the Championship over the last few years,They lost their two lynchpin Australians before the start of last season which put them at a disadvantage from the off.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/10/2022 9:15 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: