Average attendance ...

Notifications
Clear all

Average attendance 2024

(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

Widnes average is 2,584, the 4th best, just behind Toulouse with 2,693, Bradford 3,147 and Wakefield 5,072.

If we hadn’t had that bad spell of 4 losses on the run at the end of June, I think we could have had a bit of a bigger average.

Topic starter Posted : 05/10/2024 11:06 am
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Not good, the free schools tickets count on that as well. Let's hope we can bring back the missing 1,000 we used to get in the Championship.  A 3,000 average for next season must be the aim. Hopefully increased demand will get the council to fully open the North Stand.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2024 2:53 pm
sandgroper reacted
(@sandgroper)
Famed Member

@dan1 

And Barrow beat us in the IMG ratings - joke!!!! Surely if you want to gauge support away ticket sales should be included. But IMG are following Sky, and prospective new Sky customers is what its all about.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by sandgroper
ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2024 3:42 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

I think from where we came from with the Doncaster cup match of under 800 and also the first league home match which IIRC had less than 2000 then that is reasonably good.

All in all I think that the players, coach and staff have delivered the improvement we would have looked for at the start of the season and, with that base, challenge again next year when I think it should be a lot closer with no Wakefield.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2024 5:41 pm
Share: