Notifications
Clear all

2022 wishlist

Page 5 / 7
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Dupree now reported in MEN so must be a done deal.

Hope that we can keep Clough as pack leader. With some decent lads around him we could do some damage. The other rumoured additions (Brown and Holdroyd) may well be confirmed soon.

Hopefully we will be announcing our retention of at least some of our present squad!

I may be mistaken but I can't recall us being so animated by pre-season signings for many a year! We are usually waiting to see what's left.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2021 8:47 am
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

[quote Hopefully we will be announcing our retention of at least some of our present squad!

On Monday Finnegan said we hadn’t seen the best of Kenny Baker this season with injuries and playing out of position and he is confident he will lay a lot better next season. So that’s one that’s staying, along with those who have announced new contracts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2021 9:12 am
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Probably better to wait for official announcements first.

Why ? Nothing wrong with a bit of speculation and gossip about new signings, it's what fans do.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2021 9:45 am
(@primrose-viking)
Estimable Member

<p style="text-align: center;">Tyler dupree will be a big signing. For the life of me I never understood why Leeds let this lad go and kept players who did not have his undoubted ability. At 21 he is going to be a major signing if the big boys don't get to him first</p>

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2021 10:22 am
(@frankg)
Noble Member

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Tyler dupree will be a big signing. For the life of me I never understood why Leeds let this lad go and kept players who did not have his undoubted ability. At 21 he is going to be a major signing if the big boys don’t get to him first</p>

Shhhhh

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2021 11:16 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

It does seem we are being proactive which was essential.

Ince is a finisher; if Hatton goes that would be disappointing. Perhaps we would see Roby and Buckley go; they have been loaned out...

That is 4 new signings being reported if not confirmed with more to come and Wilde confirmed. At least this gives SF the chance to shape a team.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2021 12:23 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

We are currently 10th in the league so if some end up moving on I don't think it's a bad thing. Shame about Cross though. At least we look to be moving in the right direction and realise an overhaul in the 1st team squad is needed

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2021 12:31 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Clough, Spedding and Lawton would be good, sounds as if Baker is already on board. Backs seem easier to lay hands on than forwards.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2021 2:50 pm
(@primrose-viking)
Estimable Member

Lawton is not a grafter.

Look at that lad for batley the other week, was it Manning....... Worked all day and half his size

Tyler dupree and Kyle Amor with Gavin Bennion and Sam Wilde make a useful pack with Smith at 13.

In the backs we need a bit move movement from 7, but the rest of the backs with Ryan Ince back in the team will challenge in 2022.

Id take a look at two lads from whitehaven, Lachlan Walmsley who is an aussie and young Bulman who is impressing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2021 3:07 pm
 JJ65
(@richard-richard)
Reputable Member

Lawton is not a grafter. Look at that lad for batley the other week, was it Manning……. Worked all day and half his size Tyler dupree and Kyle Amor with Gavin Bennion and Sam Wilde make a useful pack with Smith at 13. In the backs we need a bit move movement from 7, but the rest of the backs with Ryan Ince back in the team will challenge in 2022. Id take a look at two lads from whitehaven, Lachlan Walmsley who is an aussie and young Bulman who is impressing

What is all this Kyle Amor talk 🤷‍♂️🤣🤣

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2021 5:18 pm
(@viking123)
Trusted Member

<p style="text-align: left;">The scouts was at west bank today along with the widnes assistant coach.</p>
However with West bank getting 4 red cards including the 'Karl glover' that was being talked about, I can't see anything coming of it....however the hornets winger (Jamie patient) looks a hell of a player and would defo be worth looking at

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2021 6:28 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

Has Smith signed an extension yet?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2021 7:37 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Not sure but when Tyrer signed iirc Smithy said that he was looking forward to working with him, so it looks as if its yes. I wondered if a player/coach role would help as he has said that coaching was his aim.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2021 9:04 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I’m fairly hopeful based on the early signs that we are going to have a stronger squad in 2022 than we do now. Prop situation remains critical and we also need either a fit Logan Tomkins or a good replacement at hooker.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2021 9:54 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

I’d say Cameron smith johnathan thurston and cooper Cronk are definitely not coming. I’d like us to give it ago next season hopefully finniagan can prove me wrong and actually be a decent coach. To be honest for my whishlist I’d just like us to sign players who want to be at the club and play for the badge and the town and give us a chance of competing to get back up to super league.

Unlike Ryan Ince cannot believe he is in the mix shocking.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 5:06 am
Page 5 / 7
Share: