Notifications
Clear all

2022 wishlist

Page 6 / 7
(@spideylizard)
Estimable Member

<p style="text-align: left;">

</p>

I’d say Cameron smith johnathan thurston and cooper Cronk are definitely not coming. I’d like us to give it ago next season hopefully finniagan can prove me wrong and actually be a decent coach. To be honest for my whishlist I’d just like us to sign players who want to be at the club and play for the badge and the town and give us a chance of competing to get back up to super league.

<p style="text-align: left;">Unlike Ryan Ince cannot believe he is in the mix shocking.

</p>

hopefully he doesn’t spit his dummy out again if/when not selected

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 8:18 am
(@primrose-viking)
Estimable Member

Nothing at all wrong with Ryan Ince.

In fact he would be a good signing.

If Tomkins retires due to injury we need a top class 9 who can guide Lewis else.

Someone like Liam Hood who was excellent.

Some really good players worth looking at are

Andrew bulman of whitehaven

Lachlan walmsley also of whitehaven

Dane Manning of batley

Tyler dupree of Oldham

Gavin Bennion of Rochdale

Gadwin Springer of Halifax

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 11:10 am
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

I’m not saying he was right to spit his dummy out, but I think he should have been picked for that match. He had played well all season.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 11:12 am
(@spideylizard)
Estimable Member

I’m not saying he was right to spit his dummy out, but I think he should have been picked for that match. He had played well all season.

The right response was to knuckle down  and prove the coach wrong. His attitude at the time stunk. Hopefully he’s grown up a bit since then. We can’t afford that sort of player in the squad

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 11:58 am
(@primrose-viking)
Estimable Member

Roughyeds Return
Posted Friday at 22:55

Widnes have announced they have signed Ryan Ince and Tyler Dupree for 2022.

Ince has done ok for us but Dupree has been brilliant for us this season but wish him well. If we do go down Dupree is far too good to be playing League 1. Dupree has the quality to make his way back to SL

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 12:22 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Springer is at Featherstone now so not much chance of him being tempted here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 12:37 pm
(@primrose-viking)
Estimable Member

Yeh

<p style="text-align: left;">Forgot springer was there</p>

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 12:38 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Kenny Baker confirmed for next year.

Hopefully gunning for more props with Dupree sorted too.

Bennion again scored a 'drop over' try again on Sunday as did Dupree, just what we need.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/08/2021 4:28 pm
(@vikingkev)
Trusted Member

Anybody think Sam Brooks at Swinton is worth looking at?

I know he was with us in our SL years but he’s done well at Leigh and Fev

at 27 he’s a good age and a Wiganer to boot so there not the trip down the M62 as an issue

thoughts anyone?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2021 1:28 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Brooks didn't do anything here but I guess he was about 22 when he played here so he may well have improved.

Durability is really important for us now, we need a Prop who can play 20 odd games a season and make an impact; any forward who can do that regardless of where they come from is fine by me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2021 3:01 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Brooks wasn’t as good as the Chapelhows when he was here last. Fell right down the pecking order. Maybe has improved since, but he would need to have.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2021 3:14 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Brooks wasn’t as good as the Chapelhows when he was here last. Fell right down the pecking order. Maybe has improved since, but he would need to have.

Why do people want us to sign ex players who where part of one of our worst performing teams. We need to get rid of the soft culture not resign it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2021 4:34 pm
(@cuerdley-viking)
Reputable Member

Embarrassing Mick isn't it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2021 4:55 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Maybe it is a sign of the lack of options available.

I mean if we want to be really brutally honest we have got 3 players in the team now that were in the team in the 2008 season!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2021 4:57 pm
(@sunny)
Noble Member

Roughyeds Return Posted Friday at 22:55 Widnes have announced they have signed Ryan Ince and Tyler Dupree for 2022. Ince has done ok for us but Dupree has been brilliant for us this season but wish him well. If we do go down Dupree is far too good to be playing League 1. Dupree has the quality to make his way back to SL

I can't find this on the club website.

It isn't 22;55 yet!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2021 7:00 pm
Page 6 / 7
Share: