Notifications
Clear all

2022 Squad so far

Page 3 / 7
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Yes you need 6 props. 2 starting, 2 on the bench and then 2 squad players as you always get injuries especially in such a high contact position. Unlike the back positions all 4 props play roughly the same minutes each game so you always need 4 props in the team.
<p style="text-align: left;">We have Farnworth signed up, I would offer Tilleke a 12 month deal as one of the 2 'squad props' he's only a young lad and has played a lot of minutes this year. I would also offer Clough a 12 month contract as I think he's a good solid player. O'Neil has already left, I would release Cook and Jewitt, they may decide to retire anyway and are on 12 month contracts.</p>
That's leaves 3 to sign, Dupree reported to be one, we may find out after we have played Oldham. That leaves 2 more to be added. Tilleke, Dupree and Farnworth are all young lads so I think we need to sign 2 experienced props to go alongside Clough, but durable players with good injury records. Can we find them!?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/09/2021 9:31 pm
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

Happy with the signing so far but as has been mentioned we have not addressed the elephant in the room. There must be some yard dogs out there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2021 9:40 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Looks as if we have accepted that Tomkins second year won't happen.

Looking forward to unrolling the props etc to give us real street cred!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2021 8:06 am
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

Another resigning announced at five. Adam Lawton is the favourite👍👍

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2021 3:02 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

Lawton it is. A two-year deal.

Some will welcome this re-signing, others will be critical. At his best, he is a good player. Let's hope that Finnegan can get the best out of him in the coming seasons. He has probably been one of our better players this year, but inconsistent like most of the players.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2021 4:12 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

Lawton it is. A two-year deal. Some will welcome this re-signing, others will be critical. At his best, he is a good player. Let’s hope that Finnegan can get the best out of him in the coming seasons. He has probably been one of our better players this year, but inconsistent like most of the players.

Totally agree Frank. For me one of our better players but people have a love hate relationship with him, don’t understand why. As an aside his offload led to our only try last week at Haven

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2021 4:20 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Good signing. Think we can get better from him than we have seen this season and he’s been excellent at times in 2021. As with several players finding more consistency is key.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2021 4:28 pm
(@primrose-viking)
Estimable Member

Lawton it is. A two-year deal. Some will welcome this re-signing, others will be critical. At his best, he is a good player. Let’s hope that Finnegan can get the best out of him in the coming seasons. He has probably been one of our better players this year, but inconsistent like most of the players.

Totally agree Frank. For me one of our better players but people have a love hate relationship with him, don’t understand why. As an aside his offload led to our only try last week at Haven

Definately not my type of player although he has a fair few skills running wide.

He just totally lacks a work ethic and I've watched the lad a few times wandering around aimlessly pointing a lot whilst all his team mates tackle their hearts out

Just not my type of player

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2021 4:30 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

would of give give him a year, 2 makes him feel safe

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2021 4:57 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Good signing for me, he has been out of the game for a while so more to come. Big, fast for his size and got a good skill set. If he ups his work rate and aggression he's a SL forward for me.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/09/2021 5:01 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Daniel Hill gone to Saints

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2021 5:18 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

He's not everyone's cup of tea but I'd rather have him than not.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2021 5:33 pm
(@jobhunter)

Matty Fozard signed 2 year deal from London

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2021 5:34 pm
(@vikingkev)
Trusted Member

He’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I’d rather have him than not.

im with you on this Sinbad

i do think he can kick on but I also feel he needs more grunt around him

too often he’s our only big guy and gets singled out by the opposition

yes I know there is an argument to front up but it must be tough knowing your going to get smashed every time because the opposition know he’s our go to guy as it were

If we do improve our pack as we all hope I think he will be taking more ball on the front foot and make a real difference next year

Here hoping

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2021 5:38 pm
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

Quite happy with the signings & rumoured ones for 2022 so far. I am a bit concerned though that only Dupree so far, & only rumoured at this point, is a prop. We need 2 more.  May be worth seeing if Saints would loan Norman back to us  as surely Championship rugby is better for him than reserve football.  I appreciate we may have already done this unsuccessfully but maybe not?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2021 7:25 pm
Page 3 / 7
Share: