Notifications
Clear all

York

Page 1 / 9
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Squad:

Owens, Hatton, Spedding, Tyrer, Cross, Craven, Smith, Cook, Grady, Lawton, Baker, Farnworth, Lyons, Roby, Edge, Else, Tilleke, Hill, Brookes, O'Neill B, Robson.

So Clough out Cook in, still looking threadbare in the front row.

Topic starter Posted : 14/05/2021 5:02 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Virtually full strength,  first choice back line. Missing Clough with concussion which is a blow, Tompkins long term plus Dwyer and Jewitt.  Problem for me is the bench, not enough forwards, only Lawton and Tilleke, need at least 1 extra aggressive experienced forward to bring on.

You are always going to have 2 or 3 injured in Rugby League though, especially in the pack, so that squad is about as good as it gets this season.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2021 6:57 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

3 props in the squad, 2 of which are kids. Going to be a long afternoon...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2021 7:01 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

3 props in the squad, 2 of which are kids. Going to be a long afternoon…

We've all had them mate, and us more than most!

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2021 7:13 pm
(@a-cape)
Reputable Member

We’ve all had them mate, and us more than most! Spelly.

FFS

This is our level, being compared with fcukin Swinton.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2021 7:31 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

We’ve all had them mate, and us more than most! Spelly.

FFS This is our level, being compared with fcukin Swinton.

Have you seen the league table ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2021 8:28 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

A pack of Cook O'Neill Farnworth Grady Robson Baker with Tilleke Lawton Else and Lyons on the bench looks OK to me on paper. In the modern game there seems to be an obsession with positions. These days props play no role in the scrums and are basically used as battering rams to gain metres. Isn't Lawton big enough to take on this role?

There are two 20 year olds in the Leeds squad tonight - Walters and O'Connor - who in different circumstances would have been in the Widnes squad. Would they have been old enough for us? York name 4 props in their squad including a 22 year old.

Is the team good enough to beat York? Based on recent performances probably not. York were predicted to be contenders for SL,  but have not had a brilliant start to the season themselves, winning just two games and losing three.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2021 9:01 pm
 Owl
(@owl)
Trusted Member

A pack of Cook O’Neill Farnworth Grady Robson Baker with Tilleke Lawton Else and Lyons on the bench looks OK to me on paper. In the modern game there seems to be an obsession with positions. These days props play no role in the scrums and are basically used as battering rams to gain metres. Isn’t Lawton big enough to take on this role? There are two 20 year olds in the Leeds squad tonight – Walters and O’Connor – who in different circumstances would have been in the Widnes squad. Would they have been old enough for us? York name 4 props in their squad including a 22 year old. Is the team good enough to beat York? Based on recent performances probably not. York were predicted to be contenders for SL, but have not had a brilliant start to the season themselves, winning just two games and losing three.

Theres an old sayingyou might be big enough but your not hard enough`

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2021 9:49 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I’d argue it’s not the best use of Lawton to play him in that role though he ought to be capable of it in theory.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2021 4:34 pm
(@a-cape)
Reputable Member

Lawton’s got a heart the size of a pea, irrelevant of his physical condition. He falls into the Tennis twins category 👯‍♀️

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2021 4:40 pm
(@town-team)
Trusted Member

Lawton’s got a heart the size of a pea, irrelevant of his physical condition. He falls into the Tennis twins category 👯‍♀️

Doesn't fall in to the Wire watching category like you tho.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2021 6:34 pm
(@man-and-ball)

Doesn’t fall in to the Wire watching category like you tho.

Now Now Adam, calm down.

To be fair, I never thought I'd agree with Capey but he has a point.

Lawton is massive, is very skilled for any size let alone his and is a wrecking machine when he applies himself, but..... he's a big lazy shite with no heart.

I'd Adam reads this, take heed, grow a pair, man the fudge up and get angry or you'll lose yet another chance at making it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2021 11:30 pm
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

I think York will win, but I don't think they'll have it all their own way. To be fair, they  have thrown a lot of money at their recruitment, and pushed Fev last week to the hooter.

All I ask is that 1-17 we give it our best shot, 100%. If that's not good enough, so be it.

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2021 12:08 am
(@magnus)
Eminent Member

I think York will win, but I don’t think they’ll have it all their own way. To be fair, they have thrown a lot of money at their recruitment, and pushed Fev last week to the hooter. All I ask is that 1-17 we give it our best shot, 100%. If that’s not good enough, so be it. Paulie xx

Spot on. As long as there is effort and commitment then I won't ask for more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2021 10:51 am
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

That team, wow...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2021 12:31 pm
Page 1 / 9
Share: