Notifications
Clear all

Who decides?

(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Looking at Leeds wiyh no masks, no social distancing etc and us, who decides what rules apply?

Topic starter Posted : 23/05/2021 6:35 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Can only assume it is the council.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 6:38 pm
(@spideylizard)
Estimable Member

There’s definitely more flexibility given to standing areas. But that shouldn’t  change masks & selling food & drink though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 6:46 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I think it’s ridiculous requiring people to wear masks when they are effectively outdoors and socially distanced.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 6:52 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

Looking at Leeds wiyh no masks, no social distancing etc and us, who decides what rules apply?

Government based on medical advice I would think. If infection rates are high in a particular area the restrictions would likely be tighter I expect.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 6:54 pm
 ma
(@ma)
Trusted Member

I would think that there was guidelines, but they would be difficult to police.

I was impressed with our fans today as nearly everybody around me was respectful and just there to enjoy the game.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 6:57 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Not having that explanation, RV. Covid rates in Halton far lower than just about anywhere in West Yorkshire.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 6:59 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

There’s definitely more flexibility given to standing areas. But that shouldn’t change masks & selling food & drink though.

I'd have thought that wearing masks should be more prevalent in standing areas rather than seat due to it being easier to move about!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 7:15 pm
(@spideylizard)
Estimable Member

There’s definitely more flexibility given to standing areas. But that shouldn’t change masks & selling food & drink though.

I’d have thought that wearing masks should be more prevalent in standing areas rather than seat due to it being easier to move about!

Agreed. I meant more in terms of numbers.

We are definitely at the other end of the scale for restrictions it seems

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 7:19 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

I’d have thought that wearing masks should be more prevalent in standing areas rather than seat due to it being easier to move about!

Bizarre isn't it ? The rules in pubs are just the opposite.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 7:22 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

No scientific benefit to wearing a mask if your sat outside socially distanced. I can understand for entry and exit to the stadium and getting up to go to the toilet.  The only time you would need a mask once sat in your seat was if they let more fans in so distancing couldn't be maintained.

This safety committee has gone above government advice on outside gatherings. What's more frustrating is the likes of Leigh and Featherstone are selling tickets to away fans, Warrington are letting 4,000 fans in with standing terracing and Leeds are on TV now with hardly anyone wearing a mask.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/05/2021 7:47 pm
Share: