We've signed .........

Notifications
Clear all

We've signed ....... A forward

Page 1 / 2
(@djones)
Estimable Member

We can confirm that Wigan Warriors forward Brad O'Neill has joined the Vikings on loan.
Brad has experience at both hooker and loose forward, and is in contention for Saturday's clash with Dewsbury Rams.

More details https://widnesvikings.co.uk/oneill-joins-on-loan/

Widnes Vikings can confirm the signing of Wigan Warriors forward Brad O’Neill on a four-week loan deal.

Brad has experience at both hooker and loose forward and will join the Vikings ahead of Saturday’s Championship clash with Dewsbury Rams.

The 18-year-old is a former teammate of Widnes fullback Daniel Hill, having played together for Halton Farnworth Hornets.

An England Youth and Academy international, who has also represented Lancashire Academy, Brad will add size and aggression to the Vikings pack as well as a further option at hooker.

O’Neill has joined up with the rest of Simon Finnigan’s squad ahead of this week’s Championship fixture, and will be in contention for his debut on Saturday.

Topic starter Posted : 13/04/2021 4:15 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Good effort. Eases the pressure on Lyons and Else.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2021 4:19 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

So we bring in an inexperienced 18 year old to replace an inexperienced 21 year old and a 23 year old converted scrum half. At least it is another addition to the thin squad and provides an alternative to Lyons at hooker.  Fingers crossed that together with Doro and those returning from injury, we can field a full squad on Saturday.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2021 5:12 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Good luck to him, agree about inexperience but there doesn't seem to be much out there in terms of experience atm.

At least they have acted upon the issue.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2021 5:16 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

Three games in and we are borrowing players from other sides one of which is an 18 year old. What happened to the story from management that there would be loads of SL players available once the season started. Cash strapped again😧😧

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2021 5:22 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

The glut of injuries in the SL has restricted the availability of spare SL supporting players. Reading comments from other club coaches and they are all finding the same problem.

The alernative would have been to fill our squad with just anyone available or compete with Leigh for spare SL ers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2021 6:20 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Good news, we are struggling with the small squad and injuries

any extra body will help, give the guy a chance

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2021 6:32 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Quite right DD, as things currently stand, adding another young, talented and enthusiastic player to bolster the forwards has to be a plus.

I hope he gets to play on Saturday.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2021 6:51 pm
(@darth-vadar)
Trusted Member

Only the eternal optimist can be 'surprised' at the situation the Vikings find themselves in.

Being relegated and going bust were not the end of our problems, but merely the start of them.

Such was the seriousness of the situation, I said the Vikings would face at least a decade of rehabilitation at this level (or lower) before circumstances showed any sign of changing, and I haven't altered my opinion on that.

Yes, it is sad that we are no longer a 'big' name in the sport or indeed still carry the title of Cup Kings or World Champions, but all I do know is that for most of my time on this planet at least, the Chemics have mostly been distinctly average.

Maybe, supporters need to get used to that message once again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2021 7:07 pm
(@a-cape)
Reputable Member

Typical comedy off the comics!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2021 9:16 pm
(@wrlfcefc1989)
Estimable Member

I said before the season started that the squad lack size and quality but who is that down to? Bringing kids in to get mullered by experienced championship players wont last long as the Pies and Wire won't be happy having their young lads put through the wringer every week. I am still not convinced by SF but surely the job of bringing players in is down to Finney. Its ok fans saying we haven't got the cash or look where we were two years ago. The club said we were in a good position financially going forward but judging by the squad we appear not be. At some point there needs to be some accountability from someone as what is going on will not attract the casual fan, because who the hell wants to watch a load of kids and a few past it players getting beat every other week apart from us on this forum, so who is accountable? Finney or the board?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/04/2021 2:02 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

To be fair, we have played one league game and drew. Perhaps see how we go over the next 5/6 games before writing off the team and the club.

I have been as disappointed as anyone with our start to the season - losing a lead against Newcastle and the embarrassment at Salford - but judge the coach and the Board at the end of the season, not after one league game.

You never know, after convincing wins against Dewsbury, Batley and Swinton, we may all have a more positive outlook for a successful season and confident of a play-off position..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/04/2021 2:20 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Doro signed for the season, good news

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/04/2021 4:32 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Doro signed for the season, good news

This is where we are at, rejoicing loan signings.And he can be recalled at any time.(Not a pop at you Dan)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/04/2021 5:30 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Let's hope Wire don't have a Props crisis like we have had!

Don't see where realistically we were going to get a permanent signing from at this stage of the season so good to see him stay.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/04/2021 5:48 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: