Notifications
Clear all

Team

Page 1 / 4
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Watching today I think we have a spirit coming through, whilst we are probably with the teams from 3 - 6 in the league

we can build for the next 2 seasons, I see  Owens,craven,Lyons,farnworth,tilleke,Grady,cook,baker,clough,Tyrer,edge,Lawton

as a good starting point

not sure about smith - if we could swop him and sick note Tomkins for Brad oniel that would be a great deal

thoughts ?

Topic starter Posted : 30/05/2021 5:47 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

see how we go against the stronger side next week, another step in the right direction but always 1 or 2 injuries away from struggling to field a decent side

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2021 5:57 pm
(@pascal)
Prominent Member

Pascal can see progress and only worry is if get several injuries to the team.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2021 6:27 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

The forwards played well today. And good to see Jack, Spedding and Craven all adding a bit of much needed zip.

Matty has definitely lost his edge but is still occasionally capable of  showing why he has played at a higher level.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2021 6:30 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

We scored some very nice tries. I thought it was a very composed display, had Oldham on back foot from the very start (albeit Oldham didn't help themselves with basic errors); they scored on the hooter twice (one was a simple loss of concentration after an injury stoppage, the other was a forward pass) plus the intercept.

Owens is playing like a proper captain. Involved in everything. Backing up every possible break. Leading by example.

Think Spedding has done well since he returned from injury.

Lawton's contribution for Spedding's try was superb. I think apart from once where the ball came out of the tackle, Lawton has cut out the errors in recent weeks too. It also created lots of space because Oldham were clearly targeting him and that sucked the likes of Langtree in to help create the tries for Cross.

Two teams we should be beating comfortably of course, and Featherstone now becomes a litmus test.

I still think if we'd had the bench for the past two games against York, then we may well have won three in a row now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/05/2021 8:43 pm
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

Lawton has been outstanding lately, definitely silencing some critics.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/05/2021 10:30 pm
Gofyn
(@gofyn)
Estimable Member

I thought Lawton was quiet compared to previous week's. I know it's about using energy or saving it. But if he ran from 5. Yes deeper he would smash the defence and pop the off load everytime. It is great to see some speed in the team

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 9:16 am
(@johnnyboy)
Reputable Member

Do you think we will get Doro back?  It’s a big IF given what’s happened with him and Robson?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 9:37 am
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

I thought Lawton was quiet compared to previous week’s. I know it’s about using energy or saving it. But if he ran from 5. Yes deeper he would smash the defence and pop the off load everytime. It is great to see some speed in the team

They targeted him. Langtree was constantly on him, and was trying to get a rise out of Lawton, who to be fair laughed him off. They had 3/4 in the tackle on him each time, but it helped create the space out wide for Spedding and Cross.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 11:18 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Lawton has done fine and is certainly one of the better players this season.

The key for me is that O'Neill stays all year and we are able to sign a good 9 to either replace or work with Tomkins next season.

I quite liked that Langtree if we are looking for decent PT players for next year....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 12:14 pm
 RB
(@rb)
Estimable Member

Lawton is working with and running well off Joe Lyons.

I think the key is that we are only a couple of injuries away from a crisis.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 1:25 pm
(@sunny)
Noble Member

Do you think we will get Doro back? It’s a big IF given what’s happened with him and Robson?

Do we need him back?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 3:20 pm
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

Lawton pre York and Lawton from the York game and since  are like 2 different players

Using his size, running hard, defending better, showing a bit of passion and some aggression when required.

Good to see

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 3:40 pm
(@johnnyboy)
Reputable Member

Do you think we will get Doro back? It’s a big IF given what’s happened with him and Robson?

Do we need him back?

Don’t think we need him at the moment Sunny but for a bit of squad depth... He’s certainly a handful to perhaps bring off the bench... I’m not sure we need the hassle of Wire messing us about though... again the parent club might want him in a different club set up...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 4:32 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

In his absence Tileke has played well above expectations, gaining advice from his fellow forwards. He doesn't do stupid things and give away penalties but his energy is a threat to the opposition all the time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 6:04 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: