Notifications
Clear all

Squad For Sunday

Page 1 / 6
(@the-ghost-of-ethel)
Estimable Member

Looking forward to seeing the team back in action this weekend, do you think we will go with our strongest team?

Also I will be interested to see if Tomkins makes the team, haven't seen him any of the training videos and have heard a whisper he may miss a large part of the season.

Topic starter Posted : 16/03/2021 2:36 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Would be a big worry if so, as no stand out back-up hooker option. Joe Lyons has been there on a lot of the training videos, and there's Lewis Else, but not much else...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2021 3:51 pm
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

Heard the same about Tomkins

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2021 7:26 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Think Tomkins has got a foot injury.

We should be able to get through the two challenge cup games without him, but don’t think we should be going into the league season without a hooker.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2021 9:38 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

That must be a long standing injury for Tomkins as we havent played a game for a year.

Should really put strongest squad out I think - suppose announced Thursday/ friday

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 6:40 am
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member

That must be a long standing injury for Tomkins as we havent played a game for a year. Should really put strongest squad out I think – suppose announced Thursday/ friday

Players don't just get injured in games you know?!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 9:29 am
(@sunny)
Noble Member

If Tomkins is injured, didn't Sheens say that Jack Owen had been playing as hooker in training?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 12:32 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

He does have the look of a Cunningham!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 1:20 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

That must be a long standing injury for Tomkins as we havent played a game for a year. Should really put strongest squad out I think – suppose announced Thursday/ friday

Players don’t just get injured in games you know?!

Strange that allegedly he has had this injury even before full contact training started, perhaps he tripped over the dog

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 3:33 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

If Tomkins is injured, didn’t Sheens say that Jack Owen had been playing as hooker in training?

Sheens played Owens at hooker a bit last year - but not sure he'll have much of a say on that this year 🙂

Joe Lyons has been there, Lewis Else mentioned as well. Not sure who else could be a candidate there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 3:59 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Surely an area where we should be looking for a loan player, especially if Tomkins is injured or carrying a long term knock.

Been a strangely neglected area of the squad: especially as after Hood left, we had only Johnstone as a senior hooker, who then left, with Ganson, Hulme and Wood as bit-part fill ins.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 6:09 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Well Jack has tactical nous and is tipping 15 stone and has enough pace to surprise at acting hb. I am sure that I saw somewhere that Dwyer was a possible but can't remember where that was.

Lyons would work hard but has to be better used running the ball, and he is a bit light atm.

We.ll just have to wait and see, maybe a Wire loan will appear?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 6:27 pm
(@sunny)
Noble Member

Hes not the only one injured. Seven on the board including Logan Lawton Hill Roby O’Neill.

Training must be fierce!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 8:12 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Hes not the only one injured. Seven on the board including Logan Lawton Hill Roby O’Neill.

Most of them trained this week.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2021 8:44 pm
(@the-ghost-of-ethel)
Estimable Member

I'm guessing that's from one of the kids fitness videos theyve been doing?

They were filmed a few weeks ago.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/03/2021 10:59 pm
Page 1 / 6
Share: