Simms Cross on the ...

Notifications
Clear all

Simms Cross on the move?

(@wanderer)
Eminent Member

Widnes FC looking to move from the stadium to the Corpy.

https://www.runcornandwidnesworld.co.uk/news/18915446.widnes-fc-set-move-new-home-ground-dundalk-road/

Anyone know anything?

Will Simmies be forced out? Where could they go? The Frank Myler pavilion?

Topic starter Posted : 03/12/2020 3:43 pm
(@torn-sock-1)
Estimable Member

What more info are you after that isn't in the article?

PLAYING fields in Widnes are set to be leased to a non-league football club as part of plans to improve sports facilities in the borough.

The plans, which will come before Halton Borough Council’s executive board next week

Forced out? They will have to relocate almost certainly after a club promises £1m investment into something which costs the council £41k a year just to upkeep. Luckily there aren't too many teams so it shouldn't be a major logistical issue, as it would if there were a dozen age groups.
Sad that teams of comparable standard (I'm guessing) have such a difference in terms of backing/funding though!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/12/2020 4:03 pm
(@wanderer)
Eminent Member

Extra info - was wondering where Simms Cross would go to

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/12/2020 4:52 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Widnes FC Anyone know anything? Will Simmies be forced out? Where could they go? The Frank Myler pavilion?

They're only taking one pitch and the clubhouse aren't they ? Simmies could use the pitch and changing rooms at the bottom near Lowerhouse.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2020 5:44 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

As an aside I found it ironic to see the sign 'all welcome' on the corpy club building and the place shut having once  been refused a pint due to not being a member.There were half a dozen in there at the time

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2020 5:45 pm
(@wrlfcefc1989)
Estimable Member

Feel sorry for Simmies but they have hardly been able to raise a team the last few years, would or could they stop the plans for a team have that folded more than once over the last few years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2020 2:23 pm
Northstar
(@northstar)
Estimable Member

I wish someone would create an ‘enclosed grass pitch’ at the DCBL stadium. That horrendous so-called 4G causes more problems than it solves…..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2021 2:38 pm
Share: