Notifications
Clear all

Salford

Page 1 / 6
(@anotherposter)
Reputable Member

Might not be to some people's liking (Spelly) but absolutely Mae up for them especially because of who they beat

Topic starter Posted : 04/10/2020 10:55 am
(@chemic1950)

Congratulations to them, do very well on a tight budget,Watson doing a great job when you consider the yearly loss of players,he has turned a few players who left us into players willing to sweat blood for him

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2020 11:15 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Absolutely, shows what good coaching can do.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2020 11:40 am
 Lb2
(@lb2)

I think it utterly stinks how Watson is criminally underratted by other clubs, makes Salford punch above their weight ten fold.

Yet Leeds appoint a washed up What, Wigan appoint Lam who has made Wigan bloody average

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2020 1:08 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Who cares if a few bitter and jealous old farts don't like it. Great for the game that a so called small club has made it to another major final, their second in 12 months.Good luck to them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2020 3:27 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Just shows Wire that you can't relax!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2020 6:11 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Might not be to some people’s liking (Spelly) but absolutely Mae up for them especially because of who they beat

Quite right mate! Totally ruined my weekend!

I've been to every Wembley since '86, and always soaked up the atmosphere, as I wasn't bothered who won.

Always said "If the Pinks ever get there, I don't know if I'd go or not!" It's taken a worldwide parademic to prevent me from having to make the decision!

I went to OT last year, but that was only a tram ride away, and a walk back, but would I have got up at daft o'clock to go to Wembley? I still honestly don't know, but...……...

I'll defo be a Lioner for the day come Saturday week, when watching it on the box!

Stay safe everyone!

Spelly

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2020 3:05 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

On any other final, I'm sure the neutrals (that doesn't include me LOL) would be supporting the Pinks, but do you reckon the Rob Burrow scenario will kick in, and they'll be hoping the Rhinos win it for him?

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2020 6:14 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Bit of a damp squib in that he won't be there. Leeds seem to be getting their old arrogance back, so come on Pinks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2020 10:56 am
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Bit of a damp squib in that he won’t be there. Leeds seem to be getting their old arrogance back, so come on Pinks!

Who won't be there,Rob Burrow ? Why do you expect him to be there, he is'nt a well man ? Don't get why selfish people want him paraded around Wembley like some sort of trophy just to feel good about themselves.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2020 2:24 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Bit of a damp squib in that he won’t be there. Leeds seem to be getting their old arrogance back, so come on Pinks!

Who won’t be there,Rob Burrow ? Why do you expect him to be there, he is’nt a well man ? Don’t get why selfish people want him paraded around Wembley like some sort of trophy just to feel good about themselves.

Totally agree, he has his family to enjoy while he can. Leading Leeds out sounds like a market man's idea.Btw, I didn't suggest that he should be there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2020 4:13 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Because Ian Watson was a Widnes player and a great example of how a good coach can improve and motivate players (including some of our recent ex-players) I hope they stuff Leeds next Saturday.

“Up the ex-Vikings”

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2020 6:16 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Be good to see Salford win, seen Cas and Hull KR at Wembley in recent years and not win, surely the less fashionable club is due a win.

On that note, who is the last 'unfashionable' club to win it?

Halifax?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2020 6:28 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Be good to see Salford win, seen Cas and Hull KR at Wembley in recent years and not win, surely the less fashionable club is due a win. On that note, who is the last ‘unfashionable’ club to win it? Halifax?

1) No it wouldn't!

2) Sheff '98 I'd say.

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2020 7:20 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Be good to see Salford win.

Agreed, be great for the game.I'll be cheering for the Reds.Two major Finals in 12 months is good going for a 'small' club, whatever the result.Never had much time for Salford under McRae and Sims when they were having subtle digs at us during the SL applications but different club now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2020 7:52 pm
Page 1 / 6
Share: