Notifications
Clear all

Refund

Page 1 / 2
(@st-helens-viking)

Might not be popular but has anyone received a refund sent my form off not heard anything yet

Topic starter Posted : 08/09/2020 2:42 pm
(@st-helens-viking)

Thanks for that I thought I was a lone voice

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/09/2020 4:51 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

How many staff are there to process them atm?

Genuine question because the furlough scheme is still ongoing for the minute, there will be a few hundred to get through.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/09/2020 5:17 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

Have you tried contacting the club to get an update ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2020 11:18 am
(@sunny)
Noble Member

Have you tried contacting the club to get an update ?

I have. The only way to contact the club is through msgs on social media,if you dont use social media you’re bolloxed.

This may seem a silly question - have you tried ringing the club? or indeed emailing them?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2020 11:12 am
 PK
(@pk)

Happy for the club to keep mine.

I want the club to survive.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2020 11:19 am
(@chillyviking)

Didn't they say they would need to work out what they needed to refund in total and then get a loan to cover the total amount? I imagine they are going through the process of raising the funds to be able to refund those who have claimed. A business getting a loan from a bank nowadays isn't a quick thing at all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2020 11:45 am
(@sunny)
Noble Member

Happy for the club to keep mine. I want the club to survive.

Good for you. I’m not in a position to do that.

Have you tried ringing them yet?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2020 1:52 pm
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member

Happy for the club to keep mine. I want the club to survive.

Good for you, because everyone who has asked for a refund wants the club to go under.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/09/2020 12:36 pm
(@st-helens-viking)

I also need the refund have been an original stronghold member back in the day paid into viqi and donated to keep the club afloat also hired box for my birthday so not a armchair supporter so would like some clarity from club have sent emails

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/09/2020 5:20 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

If people need the money then they should of had it back by now. People having a go at fans asking for refunds are complete and utter pricks, and the club should not be allowing such things on their official social media sites. There are VIQI funds in the kitty why can't these be used ? a total bill of around £75000 and the players furloughed cannot be hard to obtain.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2020 6:42 am
(@frankg)
Noble Member

I agree with the above comments. If any fan asks for a refund for their own personal reasons, it does not make them any less of a fan. Some idiots on social media seem to revel in negativity and should be ignored. Most of them probably do not support the club in any event.

Whether the club is too slow in making the refunds, leave that for the club to answer. I am sure that they will make the refunds as quickly as they can, but probably good practice to advise those seeking a refund when the payment is likely to be made.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2020 8:37 am
(@ceejay1)
Reputable Member

Can I remind the members and "supporters" on here that the funds paid into VIQI are NOT the property of the Vikings club but the supporters group.   They are two separate organisations.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2020 1:35 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Can I remind the members and “supporters” on here that the funds paid into VIQI are NOT the property of the Vikings club but the supporters group. They are two separate organisations.

Whatever the VIQI money is spent it it is still donated for the club to use. What official capacity of VIQI do you have to bark out comments like that ?.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2020 8:55 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

If the club need to get a loan to pay back the season ticket holders needing a refund, then using VIQI money would be better as it would avoid the club getting itself into debt and paying interest.

I pay £15 a month into VIQI, with the main intention being to help with squad building and player retention. However I actually signed up when the club was in real trouble after the previous board let us down. So the number one priority is the survival of the club. Its not ideal using VIQI funds and who knows if we even need to, but I would say its better to keep the club debt free. Even using VIQI funds as an interest free loan would be better than going to the bank for the cash.

Its also a pretty exceptional set of circumstances that have led to this situation, lets hope by February we can have 5,000 fans in stadiums like Catalans, as for the Championship 5,000 should cover just about every game, apart from maybe Widnes vs Leigh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2020 7:37 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: