Officials for the Swinton game

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ceejay1
    • North Stander
    • ☆☆☆☆☆

Championship

WIDNES VIKINGS V SWINTON LIONS

Sunday 2nd May
    Halton Stadium | KO : 17:15

Referee
    J. Smith
    Touch Judge 1
    J. Pullein
    Touch Judge 2
    J. Mcmullen
    Reserve Referee
    A. Billington
    Time Keeper
    A. Brown

Former ChemicFormer Chemic
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

Ok with me, IMHO Jack Smith is a good referee.

Thank goodness we only have R Hicks or J Child very infrequently in the Championship

Sinbad
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

Does it matter who officiates ? If the officials are of a poor standard or a good standard then doesn’t that apply to both teams ?

Former ChemicFormer Chemic
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

If it was a perfect world you’re obviously right Sinbad. However, I don’t think that players or referees  (or me) are perfect and we all can have a one-sided view of the game.

Man and Ball
    • New signing

He is but he hates Widnes for some reason.   We will get nothing off him mark my words.

A CAPE
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

If we are worrying about the ref in a home game against Swinton, things must be bad! No ref hates Widnes!

Frankg
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

I don’t think the vast majority of fans – both Widnes and Swinton – are particularly worried about who the officials are for the game. Probably more worried about whether the team can turn around the disastrous start to the season.

I still believe we can  turn  our form around and finish in the top 6 this season – but I may revise my view later today (again)!!!

Spelly
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

He is but 1) he hates Widnes for some reason. 2) We will get nothing off him mark my words.

1) I would suggest there’s (more than) a hint of bias in your comments! What evidence have you to back up this ludicrous statement? 0% at a guess!

2) A ref is not there to “give” you anything. He’s there to arbitrate in an unbiased manner, and I’ve every confidence that a certain Mr Smith will do that later today.

Spelly.

" ---- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Back to Forum Home | Mark Topic Read  | 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.