Newcastle and White...

Notifications
Clear all

Newcastle and Whitehaven

Page 1 / 4
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

The two promoted sides both ahead of us in the league table now.

what has become of our club?

strap yourself In folks,  we’re in for a relegation scrap.

Topic starter Posted : 08/08/2021 4:27 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

To say we are in a relegation scrap is something of an exaggeration given we are effectively six points ahead of Oldham and eight ahead of Swinton with only a handful of games left. The league table isn’t great though and there’s a lot of work to do if we are going to be competitive next season.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2021 4:32 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

The two promoted sides both ahead of us in the league table now. what has become of our club? strap yourself In folks, we’re in for a relegation scrap.

You better hide behind a barricade as the blinkered brigade will be shooting you down for daring to question anything to do with the club.

Not going to say a thing as i have said it all and people on here cannot see the woods for the trees.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2021 4:32 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

we have been down and out a few times over the years and bounced back for short spells but unless something major happens with a new money man we will stay at the bottom end of the championship.

never mind being in sl being the big fish in the championship would be nice but we are miles away from that goal even

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2021 4:38 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

We shouldn’t be accepting being at the bottom end of the championship, Glynn. There are teams above us in the table playing in front of tiny crowds with shoestring budgets. I’ve pretty much written this season off some time ago but next season has to be a different matter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2021 4:40 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

i agree but that were we will be unless we have money to get better players and a bigger squad, is that going to change next year? i cant see it im afraid

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2021 4:42 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

No reason we shouldn’t be able to have a squad that can compete with clubs like Halifax and Batley (both currently in the top six), no big money men there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2021 4:46 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

We shouldn’t be accepting being at the bottom end of the championship, Glynn. There are teams above us in the table playing in front of tiny crowds with shoestring budgets. I’ve pretty much written this season off some time ago but next season has to be a different matter.

But in reality MT you know we have been saying the same thing for far too long now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2021 4:49 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

its easier to get players part time in yorkshire it seems you need to pay them to come over here

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2021 4:58 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

what is up with tomkins ?  ive seen ppl recover quicker from heart surgery

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2021 5:00 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I think the argument that there are more part time players in Yorkshire ignores the fact that there are also far more teams competing for them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2021 5:03 pm
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

I fully agree but it could be the same.  It is obvious there are few championship forwards this side of the Pennines. We all know the issues small squad & few forwards. If the  Chapelhow twins are not signed up yet at Newcastle we could do worse than go for them plus another rough house prop like Kyle Amor. We need to stop signing injury prone players a s we have for the last 8 years.

If he wants to & can do another season I would keep Clough but jettison Cook & Jewitt. It looks like Oldham & Swinton are going into the championship & I guess we may get one or two of their better players. Rochdale have a decent prop that used to be at Swinton - Gavin Bennion I just hope the club have got the wish list ready for available players.

The club also needs to get a good close relationship with a local SL club for better help with players when we have injuries than we have at present. Our current relationship is with Wigan but they have not assisted with props at all & they must have some. Did we approach Saints to loan Norman back or will they only assist Leigh?

Have we set up liaison with our local amateur teams to provide a pathway to the championship for their players?

I hope some one asks if these sort of approaches are being made at the meeting tomorrow . Details will not be given for obvious reasons but  hopefully some indication of what our planning approach can be spoken about. IMO in case of the possible restructuring of the game in the UK we need to plan to finish in the top 6 next year or we could end up in the third tier. It may not happen but we need to plan as though it will happen.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2021 5:15 pm
 JJ65
(@richard-richard)
Reputable Member

How do you know the owners of these clubs with tiny crowds on shoestring budgets don't put a bit of cash in themselves??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2021 5:20 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I know people who support these clubs who reckon they don't. I've no reason not to believe them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2021 5:23 pm
Gofyn
(@gofyn)
Estimable Member

It's been very eye opening watching North Wales Crusaders this season. And no gray hairs 🤣

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2021 5:26 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: