May fixtures - How ...

Notifications
Clear all

May fixtures - How many points can we get?

MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Well, one thing we can probably all agree on is that April was a shocker of a month for us and could not have gone much worse. Coach and players have a massive job on their hands to turn it around in May but on paper at least we have some winnable matches.

Swinton (H)

York (H)

Whitehaven (H)

Oldham (A)

I would say if we are going to be considering ourselves having any sort of play off chance we would need to make up lost ground by winning all four. Three wins is a realistic aim but will still require better performances than our last couple of matches have seen. Two wins we would still be very much in the relegation scrap with some tough fixtures coming up over the summer. And any less than that and we are really in the mire (which some might say we are already)

I think we are capable of getting six points but my estimate is four. Hopefully we exceed my expectations.

Topic starter Posted : 27/04/2021 10:36 am
(@a-cape)
Reputable Member

Unless there is a massive improvement in everything MT, I genuinely cannot see where the next win is coming from.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2021 10:54 am
(@wanderer)
Eminent Member

Swinton (H)

York (H)

Whitehaven (H)

Oldham (A)

Reckon we could get 12 against Swinton, 8 v. York 18v. Whitehaven and 14 against Oldham

Not sure how many tries they will run in though

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2021 4:17 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Swinton will be our first league victory and we’ll collect 2 points.

As poor as we are, Swinton are are the foot of the table because they’re worse than us.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2021 4:24 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Toulouse now going ahead...wonderful......

Minimum acceptable to me would be 6.

Whether we get that is a different matter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2021 4:57 pm
(@the-vicar)
Estimable Member

We have to aim at a minimum of 4 from Swinton Whitehaven and Oldham games . I'm not sure we will get all 6 and if we don't beat Swinton think what little confidence is left will be shot and could well lose the lot.

So the optimist in me says 4 points.

The Vicar

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2021 5:39 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Of course, it's not turned out that way - but what a fixture list we had; first four should have been wins, then Toulouse and York, then Whitehaven and Oldham. Really ought to have been pushing for 12 points from 16. Alas it wasn't to be.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2021 6:00 pm
 RB
(@rb)
Estimable Member

Well, one thing we can probably all agree on is that April was a shocker of a month for us and could not have gone much worse. Coach and players have a massive job on their hands to turn it around in May but on paper at least we have some winnable matches. Swinton (H) York (H) Whitehaven (H) Oldham (A) I would say if we are going to be considering ourselves having any sort of play off chance we would need to make up lost ground by winning all four. Three wins is a realistic aim but will still require better performances than our last couple of matches have seen. Two wins we would still be very much in the relegation scrap with some tough fixtures coming up over the summer. And any less than that and we are really in the mire (which some might say we are already) I think we are capable of getting six points but my estimate is four. Hopefully we exceed my expectations.

Absolutely crucial month coming up. Swinton, Whitehaven, Oldham looks to be our level at the moment. Only 22 Fixtures this year. By the end of May we will have played 8 of those including the rearranged Toulouse fixture. One game at a time Swinton in 5 Days is a big game.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2021 7:14 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

One game at a time, a win this week just May give the team a bit of confidence, Toulouse will be a massive ask but Halifax gave them a game and they will be expecting an easy game

york - they have not started well

other 2 should win really

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2021 2:02 pm
Share: