(@j-mc)
Eminent Member

I'm happy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2021 6:43 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

Really made up about this. Have noticed how much he has taken over as a leader on the pitch motivating the troops around the pitch; it’s what we need, a general who knows his way about.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2021 6:51 pm
(@pascal)
Prominent Member

Pascal very happy tonight.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2021 7:27 pm
 doc
(@doc)
Eminent Member

Very good.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2021 7:49 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Good news.

Dread to think where we’d be without him playing 13.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2021 7:56 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Great!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2021 8:10 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Been excellent since the move to 13, be interesting to see if that is where he continues next year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2021 9:03 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Baker is better at loose forward, maybe Matty back to scrum half, spelled to give him a break and keep Lyons/Else progressing. The youngsters can learn loads from Matty.

Provided the props can be found he should enjoy conducting the show!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2021 9:12 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Been excellent since the move to 13, be interesting to see if that is where he continues next year.

Will start at 13 where he has been more effective.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2021 9:29 pm
(@sunny)
Noble Member

I'm pleased that he has re-signed, Hope though that we sign enough new props to enable Baker to return to LF, with Matty spelling both LF and SH.

His interview on the club site makes it clear that he is happy with the way the club is progressing and wants to aid other players as much as he can.

Does he have a shiner on his left eye or was it poor lighting, I couldn't tell.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2021 9:42 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

We have a good ‘spine’ for the shaping up for next season 1 Owens 7 Smith, 9 Fozard, 13 Baker looks good. Would really like to see Tompkins get fit - play Fozard @ 7 and Tompkins at 9 with Smith providing cover and we would be well on our way, at least to the playoffs.

I’d like to see two more props and an experienced 6 and we could be a hard side for anyone in the league to beat.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2021 9:49 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

We have a good ‘spine’ for the shaping up for next season 1 Owens 7 Smith, 9 Fozard, 13 Baker looks good. Would really like to see Tompkins get fit – play Fozard @ 7 and Tompkins at 9 with Smith providing cover and we would be well on our way, at least to the playoffs. I’d like to see two more props and an experienced 6 and we could be a hard side for anyone in the league to beat.

Surelt Craven is the experienced 6?

He’s had a really poor year, but he’s good enough credit in the bank for him to be first choice next year, for me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2021 10:27 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

I’ll tell you what, this is why I love this game!

Unlike the rest of you, I’m not overly happy that he has re-signed for us! I’ve not forgotten those games this season when we took second half pastings and for me it was in those games he looked like he gave up when he was one of those our youngsters would look to to lead. Sure, he’s had a fantastic career and has many positives, but for me that’s my view.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2021 10:35 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

We have a good ‘spine’ for the shaping up for next season 1 Owens 7 Smith, 9 Fozard, 13 Baker looks good. Would really like to see Tompkins get fit – play Fozard @ 7 and Tompkins at 9 with Smith providing cover and we would be well on our way, at least to the playoffs. I’d like to see two more props and an experienced 6 and we could be a hard side for anyone in the league to beat.

Surelt Craven is the experienced 6? He’s had a really poor year, but he’s good enough credit in the bank for him to be first choice next year, for me.

Fair point - like you say he has credit in the bank.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2021 2:31 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: