Notifications
Clear all

Matt Hancock

Page 1 / 2
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Committed the biggest sin of all - He got caught out!

This is the guy who urged us not to hug our loved ones! What a total hypocrite!

His kids will now get grief at school! His wife must be going through hell, but...............

He's not (so far) had the honour and / or decency to resign, and his boss hasn't (so far) shown him the door!

Go now Mr Hancock, you have precisely no other option but to do so!

Spelly.

PS - And before anyone asks "Would you be saying the same if it was a senior Labour politician?" My answer would be "Even more so, because the name of my party would be being soiled!"

Topic starter Posted : 26/06/2021 6:06 am
(@frankg)
Noble Member

Boris seem to think Hancock has done nothing wrong and backed him. I wonder why?

Mind you, it just goes to show that Hancock is not hopeless at everything!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2021 7:45 am
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Boris seem to think Hancock has done nothing wrong and backed him. I wonder why? Mind you, it just goes to show that Hancock is not hopeless at everything!!!

They all pee in the same pot Frank.You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.You don't snitch on me and I won't snitch on you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2021 10:29 am
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Well, he's gone!

Nowt else he could do, as he broke his own rules! But...........

He's staying on as an MP, so he's still in a very well paid job, and..................

It's faaaaaaaaaaaaaar from over for his wife and kids, who are the totally innocent sufferers in this sorry episode!

Sleaze of the highest order!

I wonder how many of those in his constituency who put their X against his name in the election, are now thinking "He's poohed on us, big style!" or summat of that ilk?

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/06/2021 6:44 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

He should have gone long before this for lying (about PPE shortages, testing numbers and vitamin D studies to name but a few things).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2021 7:32 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

A report says that Sajid Javid has been named as his successor.

It also mentions that Hancock is at the family house in his constituency, whilst Mrs H, and the children, are at their London home.

As I said in my opening post, he committed the biggest sin of all, by getting caught out. So (in my opinion) he should also resign his seat, and allow the people who elected him, to have their say on this (again, in my opinion) apology for a human being!

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/06/2021 8:14 pm
widneslatic
(@widneslatic)
Reputable Member

A report says that Sajid Javid has been named as his successor. It also mentions that Hancock is at the family house in his constituency, whilst Mrs H, and the children, are at their London home. As I said in my opening post, he committed the biggest sin of all, by getting caught out. So (in my opinion) he should also resign his seat, and allow the people who elected him, to have their say on this (again, in my opinion) apology for a human being! Spelly.

Not defending him at all, always thought Hancock was a slimey toad,

BUT... If you are saying he should resign his seat as punishment for his actions, then surely Rosie Duffield MUST resign hers too...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2021 10:07 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

A report says that Sajid Javid has been named as his successor. It also mentions that Hancock is at the family house in his constituency, whilst Mrs H, and the children, are at their London home. As I said in my opening post, he committed the biggest sin of all, by getting caught out. So (in my opinion) he should also resign his seat, and allow the people who elected him, to have their say on this (again, in my opinion) apology for a human being! Spelly.

Not defending him at all, always thought Hancock was a slimey toad, BUT… If you are saying he should resign his seat as punishment for his actions, then surely Rosie Duffield MUST resign hers too…

Not defending him at all, always thought Hancock was a slimey toad, BUT… If you are saying he should resign his seat as punishment for his actions, then surely Rosie Duffield MUST resign hers too

No argument from me mate!

They're in a position where they should be cleaner than clean, but.......

I suspect this duo are are not on their own!

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/06/2021 5:20 am
(@frankg)
Noble Member

What a hypocrite. Took him two months to decide that it was right for him to resign because he broke covid rules, whilst insisting that everyone else should comply with them. He resigned because he was found out and his "supporters" stayed silent.

The time has passed when Ministers resigned because of an affair or other indiscretion, but it is right that their hypocrisy should be highlighted; and seriously, how could Boris Johnson not support Hancock over the affair, with his track record.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2021 9:55 am
(@gpo1971)
Honorable Member

He should have been sacked for incompetence long before now. He'll be back in the cabinet next time a job somewhere else comes up, like that snake Williamson.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2021 12:34 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Did this sordid affair help Labour squeeze through at the Batley by-election?

Not long before the polls opened, the Tories were at 2/7 to win, so there was a late swing from somewhere.

"A win's a win!" is what I imagine Kim Leadbeater, and Keir Starmer are thinking, and at least, a Red Wall seat (just) stayed Red, but..................

Are they secretly disappointed that the majority was not (a lot) more? Because I certainly was!

I read somewhere that even within the ranks of Hancock's constituency party itself, there's pressure on him to stand down, so I'm not alone in thinking he should do so to preserve what (if any) credibility he has left!

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/07/2021 6:35 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

The problem atm is that so much is being rubber stamped as part of the 'emergency' that precious little is actually debated. The pandemic was and is a perfect foil for an unscrupulous regime I'm afraid. There are many sitting on the govt benches who realise that but are not going to cut off their noses.

Anyone who takes an interest in politics can see the rotten state of things but so many, that usually have a lot to say, don't watch the news/political coverage, hence BoJo sails on with his daily electioneering appearances. He will hang himself in time but will then retire a wealthy man!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2021 9:57 am
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Have we got a case of déja vu in the government?

Didn't Boris have "every confidence" in his (then) Health Secretary, before Hancock had to fall on his sword? And.......

Now he's said summat similar about Dominic Raab.

Is the Foreign Secretary living on borrowed time?

Seriously, the situation in Afghanistan is horrific, and you can only imagine what the inhabitants of that country are suffering at present.

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/08/2021 6:04 pm
(@gpo1971)
Honorable Member

Raab, Patel and Williamson are the worst ministers the country has ever had. That they're all in the same cabinet is a statistical phenomenon. Mind you, when Johnson's your PM I suppose anything is possible.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2021 10:02 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Raab, Patel and Williamson are the worst ministers the country has ever had. That they’re all in the same cabinet is a statistical phenomenon. Mind you, when Johnson’s your PM I suppose anything is possible.

mk

The cabinet members were picked on loyalty to BoJo, nothing else! Competence didn't come into it.

The litany of cronyism is gross and should ensure that they will be out of office soon. Sadly, I really don't think that they will give a damn. They will have become wealthy high flyers which was their aim in the first place.

Meanwhile, looking at Biden's statement regarding the withdrawal it could apply to NATO and its members! We need friends closer to us than the US. Coupled with that we are no longer included in the EU terrorist watch, thanks to Brexit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2021 5:37 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: