Help required.........

Notifications
Clear all

Help required.............

(@spelly)
Noble Member

.......... please!

If this should be in General Rugby League, I'm sure James will move it, but as it involves Widnes, I reckon its correct place is on here.

As we're in a non-RL lockdown, my grandson Mackenzie has decided to write a book about this beautiful game of ours.

He's looking for contributions from all clubs, and via social media, and today's League Express, he's already had contact from a good number of 'em, but nowt from the Chemics thus far, so I was hoping I could tempt you to leap into print.

What you write would be entirely up to you, as long as it has a Widnes connection. Anything pre-Vikings would be particularly welcomed.

You can e-mail him on mac4mcfc@outlook.com and his phone number is 07506 925792.

I'm confident you'll come up trumps, so thank you in advance.

Spelly.

Topic starter Posted : 06/04/2020 7:13 pm
(@anotherposter)
Reputable Member

Think you'd have more chance of getting responses if you gave more of an indication of what type of material he is after

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2020 3:31 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Widnes v Wakefield 1979 could tell a story about Soho with the Wakey fans. (True as well) lol. Like the previous poster you need to elaborate what you need.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2020 5:22 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

In answer to the above two replies, anything will do, and the Soho one sounds ideal, coz I would imagine, that RL was only indirectly involved!

Maybe thumbing a lift to an away game? Or poss getting drunk, and missing the coach back?

Did you avoid an important family "do" to watch a match? Or maybe you "wagged" school, only to get a bollocking when got home?

The possibilities are almost endless, so over to you!

Spelly.

PS - He's already had one reply, but the more the merrier!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/04/2020 6:24 pm
Share: