Ste Tyrer 2022

Kenny Baker 2022

New Signings

Matty Flemming 2022 (Dewsbury)

Sam Wilde 2023 (Newcastle)

Topic starter Posted : 27/08/2021 9:30 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

Tomkins must be a doubt, which is a shame as, fitness aside, he would still have a fair bit to offer.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2021 4:00 am
(@wirralviking)
Estimable Member

The Tomkins situation, needs an early resolution. We cannot go into the 2022 season, unsure as to whether he will play. Its a vital position and we need someone we can rely upon!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2021 10:58 am
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

The Tomkins situation, needs an early resolution. We cannot go into the 2022 season, unsure as to whether he will play. Its a vital position and we need someone we can rely upon!

There will be no resolution he is contracted for another year and on the wage bill if he plays or not.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2021 2:05 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Will depend on his honesty and character tbh. If he's decent he will scrap the contract, or at least most of it, if not...?

Sounded like a fair bloke to me but you never know!

We will need backup whether he is here or not anyway.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2021 2:37 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

Out of curiosity, has anybody ever actually said what the nature of the injury is ? I think someone said it was a foot injury months ago, but I may be wrong.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2021 11:02 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

It was a foot problem, talk of a plate inserted years ago had 'moved' or whatever.

Basically he just needs to decide if his rugby playing is over or not. Easy to say but, as an older person I know its not easy to do!

I would have thought that there are clauses in a playing contract that cover things like that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2021 7:54 am
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Blimey Sandgroper, Logan has only just turned 29, he’s still got a few years left if he recovers!

But I agree with others on this forum that the club should be more open with the fans about players fitness, although obviously nothing confidential about their personal life.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2021 8:02 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Blimey Sandgroper, Logan has only just turned 29, he’s still got a few years left if he recovers! But I agree with others on this forum that the club should be more open with the fans about players fitness, although obviously nothing confidential about their personal life.

Absolutely true, question is not how long he would like to play but how long his body will let him!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2021 9:45 am
(@the-ghost-of-ethel)
Estimable Member

I think we might hear what is happening with Logan at the end of September, when his furlough finishes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2021 2:47 pm
(@ceejay1)
Reputable Member

But his contract payments will not stop.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2021 5:15 pm
(@the-ghost-of-ethel)
Estimable Member

<p style="text-align: left;">No, but he might decide to call it a day at the end of the season, at the minute he's costing the club nothing so he may as well sit tight until then</p>

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2021 8:19 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

How does anyone know the details of Tomkins contact, apart from the club and player himself ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2021 8:25 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

They might if the club cancels his contract on medical grounds. I would think that his contract is based on him actually being able physically to play ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2021 6:33 am
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

You would suspect a contract would include being able to fulfil the terms of the contract i.e play games. If you can't play for 2 years then you can't fulfil the contract.  Many players have had to retire due to injury, Sam Burgess being one of the more recent with his shoulder injury. I hope he can come back, but he will virtually have been out for 2 years by the time next season starts with the 2020 season being suspended after a few games.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/08/2021 7:29 am
Page 1 / 7
Share: