Notifications
Clear all

Season 2021

Page 3 / 8
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

To be honest, I hope that the importance of away fans in RL is reinforced when they are allowed back.

Now Leigh have gone, us, Bradford, Featherstone are the fixtures others will be desperate to have with fans: but equally even if we got, e.g. Whitehaven at home behind closed doors that, based on last seasons attendance, is a gate of about 3000, with roughly 800 or so walk ups. Can those costs be covered with subscribers to watch it streamed?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/01/2021 1:17 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

There might be a prospect of selling Season Tickets more as a number of entrance tickets, which is what they are in effect. They could then be used as and when games are played. A bit messy maybe but at least the club has something to sell.

If need be unused tickets could be carried over (Heaven forbid).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2021 4:43 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

There is scope for different types of season tickets here

for instance, I live miles away but intend to buy a season ticket with the probability of making 7 games max, if you could have a season ticket of 13 home games or 6 x 2 entries I think there is a market there

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2021 6:50 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

At least the club has something to sell which could be vital.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2021 10:03 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

<p style="text-align: left;">If fans can't get in to stadiums, can the RFL not try to negotiate a TV contract with someone? They have enough channels these days, even Dave was showing David Haye boxing. Amazon, DAZN, BBC Red Button, the list goes on. Or is Championship RL simply not wanted at all?</p>
<p style="text-align: left;">I would pay a monthly subscription to watch Championship RL if stadiums are closed, I suppose it depends how big the market is. RL Raw was one of my favourite shows back in the day.</p>

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2021 3:31 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

<p style=”text-align: left;”>If fans can’t get in to stadiums, can the RFL not try to negotiate a TV contract with someone? They have enough channels these days, even Dave was showing David Haye boxing. Amazon, DAZN, BBC Red Button, the list goes on. Or is Championship RL simply not wanted at all?</p> <p style=”text-align: left;”>I would pay a monthly subscription to watch Championship RL if stadiums are closed, I suppose it depends how big the market is. RL Raw was one of my favourite shows back in the day.</p>

Hopefully that might happen, but realistically what would each club without crowds require money wise to make it sustainable ?

widnes losing average paying crowds of 1500 ( excluding st) @ £20 is £30K per game whereas Oldham paying crowds of 300 is £6K a game

season total Widnes £195K Oldham 78 K

realise that each club would receive same funding, assume crowds come one third into season requires min £26 K each  £364 K contract, which is nothing really compared to sky

would love to see the championship on C4 every Saturday afternoon

i remember RL raw , but as I recall that was only shown in the north

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2021 4:35 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Delayed start by several weeks: understandable: maybe Easter or mid April?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/01/2021 3:17 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

Apparently aRL journalist said on Twitter yesterday that the Championship is being put back 3 weeks and we will play 22 matches instead of 26. We’ll play every team once, then 9 teams twice, depending on the league positions from 2019. The RFL said they will give details out over the weekend. Division 1 clubs will start in May and play each other twice, if they wanted to they can start earlier playing in the Challenge cup.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2021 4:19 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Apparently aRL journalist said on Twitter yesterday that the Championship is being put back 3 weeks and we will play 22 matches instead of 26. We’ll play every team once, then 9 teams twice, depending on the league positions from 2019. The RFL said they will give details out over the weekend. Division 1 clubs will start in May and play each other twice, if they wanted to they can start earlier playing in the Challenge cup.

well that is a ridiculous idea, why not play each other home and away with 4 games in midweek, or even heaven forbid games on Friday evening in May and another one on each bank holiday - needs some outside box thinking here

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2021 5:21 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

As has been said we need to encourage travelling support or gates will be rubbish. Weekend fixtures would help that but its going to be hard to get people out even for home games if Covid doesn't drop dramatically.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2021 5:46 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Loop fixtures based on 2019 table potentially: not great considering we finished 11th!!

I do think a couple of midweek rounds, particularly in July/August could work, at the end of the day you get good crowds at the time on a weeknight for T20 cricket: if it is made enough of an event could be worthwhile.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/01/2021 7:16 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

At least it would mean we could miss out on playing the top 4 teams twice, helping us finish higher up the table.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2021 7:51 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Hope that there’s a place for the Summer Bash in the revised fixtures.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2021 8:55 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

Hope that there’s a place for the Summer Bash in the revised fixtures.

I think that it would need to be carefully considered, the idea of bringing people together from a variety of places might not be the best option in the current times of isolation, social distancing etc.

I also think that - if they follow the football model - attendances may be restricted to localm(home town) support to start off with.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2021 9:00 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

The report said there would be a summer bash

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2021 9:05 pm
Page 3 / 8
Share: