Notifications
Clear all

Recruitment 2023

Page 7 / 8
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Keighley are 19 out of 19 wins in the league, however they have Junior Sau, Jake Webster, Scott Murrell, Laulu Togague and Eddie Pettybourne all well into the mid 30's. Star players but will be another 12 months older next year.

Leigh look a class above anyone else at the moment but look at London beating Toronto in similar circumstances a few years ago. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2022 9:49 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

@dan1 

Good point regarding age but they maybe upgrading for next year. Whatever, we need to at least match opposition packs and then some.

We have improving backs and behind strong forwards they can work.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2022 10:08 pm
(@mckviking)
Prominent Member

I’d like to see an improvement in the pack next season, our backs need 2 new big centers and hopefully stay injury free to key players 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2022 11:54 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

@mckeeverviking 

As indicated in an earlier post, individually the best Championship packs aren't 'stars' but if they combine and work as a unit they are effective. This may be where Amor can be useful as a leader.

And having said that, beef, toughness, and aggression is what we need. I did ask the missus but she isn't interested!!

This post was modified 2 years ago by sandgroper
ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2022 8:11 am
Mckviking and gpo1971 reacted
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member
Posted by: @sinbad
Posted by: @cj91

Are Wire using players who are committed to them maybe?

Then why sign him on loan in the first place ?

Fair point, although not a lot Wire have done this year makes sense....pity we haven't had a good enough season to enjoy it more!

I think we may see a couple of World Cup players come our way with JK involved with Wales.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2022 11:07 am
(@mckviking)
Prominent Member

@cj91 It will be interesting to see who JK can attract from the World Cup, it would be likely to be from one of the home nations as I can’t see a Fijian or Samoan coming over for a part time gig

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2022 12:32 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

With Denis moving on and Newcastle going PT there may be some movement there , Mitch Clark? They had a few highly rated from Wigan iirc?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2022 5:56 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

@mckeeverviking 

Maybe a sign of my (our?) age but I still see southern hemisphere players as adding a bit of excitement!

Maybe someone like Houston or Relf in our pack would help!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2022 7:59 am
(@mckviking)
Prominent Member

@sandgroper yes a relf style prop forward is just what we need but I can’t see many coming to play for us. I am interested to see who we recruit this off season as it’ll tell us what our ambitions are for the next few season

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2022 1:06 pm
Pascal reacted
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Bradford have signed Tom Holmes from Sheffield,former Festherstone half back.Think we've missed out there.Perhaps we were interested but he prefers a Yorkshire club.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2022 8:53 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

@sinbad 

The personal, non RL, job etc, situation must play a part of things certainly.

I notice that regarding our rumoured signing of Walker, he is a Saints lad, which makes sense for us.

With PT players the job situation has to be an even bigger consideration as they near 30 yrs old and have families. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2022 9:11 am
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

According to John K in his interview after Bradford “of those that played 14 or 15 will be here next season” so you can make of that what you want. Smith retiring, so that only leaves one or two actually going from those that played.👍👍

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2022 9:53 am
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Mass outgoings isn't feasible unless they are all replaced by better quality players which is almost impossible.Even if there were that many available on the market, why would they want to come here ? So basically it's more of the same in 2023 or perhaps an outside chance of 6th place.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2022 10:51 am
(@pascal)
Prominent Member

Nobody knows some players circumstances on leaving the club. Baker might have a job or want to be closer to home?  Heard Walker a strong rumour and he will have to get much fitter than to be a lardy, as too many signed have been poor. Most of these players I won't miss, but we definitely need some better quality next season. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/09/2022 6:04 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

After Lewis Hatton from Swinton, apparently.

Liked the look of him when we played against him 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2022 6:31 pm
Page 7 / 8
Share: