Notifications
Clear all

Recruitment 2023

Page 6 / 8
(@cumbria-viking)
Reputable Member

@sandgroper matt Shaw reporting mark ioane going to keighley...Halifax interested in king ....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2022 12:38 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Ellis Robson has joined Keighley.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2022 3:57 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member
Posted by: @sinbad

Ellis Robson has joined Keighley.

He's been through some clubs! 

Be good to announce one or two signings before the Halifax game.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2022 5:27 pm
(@topcat162)
Trusted Member

Aparently keighley have also signed Brad Walker for next season

This post was modified 2 years ago by TOPCAT162
ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2022 7:41 pm
(@mckviking)
Prominent Member

@topcat162 where are they getting the money

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2022 9:32 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

@mckeeverviking 

Not been publicised but they plainly hunted Hendo as their coach.  

We just have to get moving in what is a pretty small area, west of Pennines props etc!!!!

MSB from Saints would be ideal but I suspect that he sees us as below his level.

Watching Batley last night I fear that the Widnes faithful wouldn't like is sparse defensive involvement as 'acceptable'. He is plainly their thinker and organiser and is very successful at it! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2022 8:03 am
(@sunny)
Noble Member
Posted by: @mckeeverviking

@the-ghost-of-ethel I’d be very surprised if he would come back after the way he was treated

If he was treated badly it was by the then board, not by the current one. He will realise that and, surely, if we wanted him and the deal was good for him he would re-sign?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2022 9:43 am
(@sunny)
Noble Member
Posted by: @topcat162

Aparently keighley have also signed Brad Walker for next season

Isn't he "bezzy mates" with JJ? Sharing a house with him when they were both here? May have been nice to have signed them both.

I think, though, that we need to start announcing new signings as other clubs are doing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2022 9:47 am
(@frankg)
Noble Member

Keighley do seem to be planning for the future and could be another team vying for a top 6 finish next year, with the anticipated signings. They had a crowd of 3000 at the weekend game, which compares favourably with the Leigh crowd. They are also working with local schools to bring local talent through, which I would hope Widnes also have in place.

I still think that Featherstone could beat Leigh in the play-off final. Judging by comments on here about the behaviour of Leigh players and reading their fans forum, they do seem to believe that promotion is in the bag. A sure fire way of missing out. 

Personally, I hope that Leigh are promoted, as that would make a more level playing field in a very competitive Championship league next year. I just hope that Widnes have plans in place to bring in some quality signings for 2023 to ensure that our squad is competitive and capable, at the very least, of a top six finish and potentially promotion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2022 10:05 am
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Leigh look on a completely different level to Fev on recent form. Think there is more chance of Fev failing to reach the final than there is of them beating Leigh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2022 10:27 am
Pascal reacted
(@the-ghost-of-ethel)
Estimable Member

After watching last nights game, it would be great to have a prop that carried the ball and put themselves about like both Gledhill (Batley) and Ferguson (Dewsbury) did. 

Amor is a good signing but he doesn't appear to have that bit of mongrel in him that all teams need, more so in this division than SL.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2022 6:18 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Time will tell if Amor is a good signing but I am not too confident.He's barely featured for Warrington.Probably be out more than in.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2022 6:24 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Are Wire using players who are committed to them maybe?

Amor is a good player, should be fine although is he going to make 20+ appearances? 

Like Doro to be signed up!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2022 6:29 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member
Posted by: @cj91

Are Wire using players who are committed to them maybe?

Then why sign him on loan in the first place ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2022 7:00 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

@the-ghost-of-ethel 

Precisely what we need. But we are a long way from Yorkshire and most will have jobs etc. A long drive for training isn't an attractive offer!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2022 7:08 pm
Page 6 / 8
Share: