Josh wood signed fo...

Notifications
Clear all

Josh wood signed for 2024

Page 2 / 3
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Taking a chance with anyone who has had powder probs though. Need to be very careful.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2023 7:05 am
(@blue-viking)
Estimable Member

He is a work horse with more quality than the likes of Davies earned a chance at super league a while back with hull think this could be a really good signing with the effect Grady has on our team 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2023 8:26 am
(@wrlfcefc1989)
Estimable Member

The club are signing players without a coach, who would have thought that would happen!

Hopefully a good signing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2023 8:49 am
(@blue-viking)
Estimable Member

Is the source that fozzard has signed for London someone close to him or the club or is it someone who has just suggested it? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2023 9:13 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

@blue-viking

All Chinese whispers topped up with press 'it is believed that.....'. Might well be true of course!

The coach scenario might well be firming up but mid season isn't a good time for a coach to announce that he is leaving! A coach worth his salt would keep his mouth shut for the sake of the team/club paying is wages.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2023 9:20 am
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @cumbria-viking

@geoffw gonna assume you've maybe not seen a single minute of him this season ...been outstanding at barrow and if you look at their fans reaction when it becomes public it'll tell you everything...fit as a fiddle...scores trys for fun for a back rower...defends well ...n I can tell you now there's 2 other clubs above us right now that also wanted him ....

Well there are the odd exceptions like Sorensen & Ramsey at 33 & over so hope you are right. We shall see if it actually transpires that Langtree signs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2023 10:15 am
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Langtree will know Hamilton from his time at Oldham, also he's a former Saints academy player so Widnes would be local for him. We have a lot of former Saints academy players in the squad. (Fozzard, Davies, Flemming)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2023 4:37 pm
sandgroper reacted
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Not over excited to be honest, looks a bit chunky to me.I can't agree with those who would  prefer JJ leaving the club with Wood as his replacement.One is currently plying his trade in SL whilst the other one is at the arse end of the second division. We have yet to see the best of Johnstone since his return here,not helped by playing loose forward.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/07/2023 11:35 am
Widnes77 and sandgroper reacted
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Jj is plying his trade with a sl team that maybe playing with us next year !
woods is playing in a team very near us in the league 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/07/2023 4:56 pm
(@cumbria-viking)
Reputable Member

According to Paul crarey in his post match interview he told the barrow fans the talk of Josh wood signing for Widnes is a load of nonsense,didn't know where it came from and when Matt Shaw ran the story it was the first barrow had heard of it....he made these comments while Josh wood was in the marquee aswel ....so read what you want into that ...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2023 8:57 am
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Based on that I would assume we haven’t signed him. I doubt Crarey would want to make himself look foolish by denying it if we had done.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2023 10:12 am
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Posted by: @cumbria-viking

According to Paul Crarey in his post match interview he told the Barrow fans talk of Josh Wood signing for Widnes is a load of nonsense.

Good news.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2023 10:17 am
(@cumbria-viking)
Reputable Member

If we have them there's summet going underhand on woods part lol ...agree very unlikely to say that if he knew otherwise...I mean there's alot of discontent at barrow that increased massively on the wood news so small chance it's been said to calm certain people n not have negative impact on crowds ..I know they had similar situation a while back with Joe bullock...said the same thing n turned out he left ..but I'd imagine in terms of crarey he'd be saying what he knew 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2023 10:47 am
(@sunny)
Noble Member

An example of Chinese Whispers (Yes, an old one, I know!)

A message from an attacking Army military unit to HQ:-

"Send reinforcements, we're going to advance" was received as " Send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance."

I'm sure some rumours on here are just as silly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2023 1:07 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

@cumbria-viking Looks like Woods hasn't got round to telling Crarey then before the story broke 🙂 I'm just kidding I don't know, but its possible if he wants to move closer to home but wasn't looking forward to the conversation with his coach!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/07/2023 1:19 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: