Notifications
Clear all

JJ 2023

Hans Moleman
(@hans-moleman)
Estimable Member

Just noticed on the RL news page Jordan Johnson has been confirmed for next season. A cracking addition to the squad. In his last spell with us I thought he always gave 100% and seemed to enjoy being at the club. He will be the perfect foil for Matty Fozz and give us more options in a key position. We'll done Widnes. ⚫🏁⚪

Topic starter Posted : 01/08/2022 2:37 pm
gpo1971, sandgroper, Gulley Sucker and 1 people reacted
Gulley Sucker
(@gulley-sucker)
Eminent Member

Very good signing. Confirmed here too

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/jordan-johnstone-7406456.amp

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2022 2:53 pm
gpo1971 and Hans Moleman reacted
(@cumbria-viking)
Reputable Member

Very good addition imo....assuming fozard stays that'll give us a great choice at hooker ...carries it well ..distributes well n packs a whack ...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2022 4:00 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

He looks to have grown a bit too, they almost use him as a second row at Hull. As Cumbria V says, a hard hitter too!

Must say that Hodgson doesn't seem to have developed JJ as I thought that he might. Houghton seems to rule things there without showing any dynamic action.

Hull still has the look of a club with demons in the squad somewhere, likewise Wire!!!  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2022 5:06 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Now that is a good re-signing of a former player.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2022 6:10 pm
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

Happy when this is confirmed 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2022 6:34 pm
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

There is no doubt this is a good signing for us on paper. I am a bit mystified why he wants to come down to the championship so early in his career. I hope his decision works our which it should provided we sign more big able  forwards & he keeps injury free.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2022 4:10 pm
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @geoffw

There is no doubt this is a good signing for us on paper. I am a bit mystified why he wants to come down to the championship so early in his career. I hope his decision works our which it should provided we sign more big able  forwards & he keeps injury free.

Don't for one minute think SL players are on mega-bucks. Some are good money, the majority are not.

JJ is married to a Widnes girl (Chris Atkin's sister) and maybe has a job lined up, to go with his 'Widnes Wage'

I predict a lot more will become PT in the near future. Pro RL is not a career, it's a job that sees you through to 35 (if you're lucky). Then you get a career to get you to state pension age, and God only knows what that will be in 35 years time.

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2022 9:16 pm
Share: