Notifications
Clear all

2022 Fixture list

Page 2 / 4
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member
  • The Bradford one isn’t a bank holiday, it’s the day before on a Thursday at 3-00, doesn’t make sense, then barrow away 3 days later. Any idea why?
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/11/2021 4:07 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @farnworth-viking
  • The Bradford one isn’t a bank holiday, it’s the day before on a Thursday at 3-00, doesn’t make sense, then barrow away 3 days later. Any idea why?

Thursday is a bank holiday too 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2021 4:26 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @widiot

3 away games for us on a Monday night, most notably Newcastle - also trips to Sheffield and Dewsbury. Those three clubs must be sick, their biggest away following of the season reduced to dozens if they’re lucky. 

the mind boggles with this sport, it really does. 

Saves a long journey as well. Four games out of eleven on TV must still be a draw in this division

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2021 4:27 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

@farnworth-viking It's a bank holiday long weekend for the Queen's platinum.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2021 5:04 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

@widiot 

sorry suits me big time, was looking to fly up to Newcastle from Bristol for the weekend - flights are nearly 3 times the price for a Toulouse flight!
at least only one home game on tv so far, sad barrow may have brought a few

think that is a good start for us, fax away is probably the biggest test early doors 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2021 5:05 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

@sinbad 

Thanks, that explains it,  i thought the Bank Holiday was Friday to Monday

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/11/2021 5:15 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Just hope with the number of Monday games we don't have significant problems with players unavailable due to work commitments.

Plenty of home games in June, July and August so hopefully we are in Play-Off contention and can maximise the summer opportunities.

Also Leigh on GF hopefully gives scope for a 4500+ crowd.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2021 5:17 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I doubt we would take more to Dewsbury and Sheffield than Bradford will tbh. Still a shame for those teams to have the attendance hit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2021 5:24 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Once again I’m confused by the expert who compiled the fixture list.

It seems simple to me but why can’t the league games be scheduled as home - away, home - away etc.. ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2021 6:14 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Don’t understand why Summer Bash is supposedly going to be played at Headingley.

Rather just cancel the whole thing than take it there. Just playing another game for the sake of it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2021 6:18 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @former-chemic

Once again I’m confused by the expert who compiled the fixture list.

It seems simple to me but why can’t the league games be scheduled as home - away, home - away etc.. ?

Never understood this at all, just seems so simple a task to do

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2021 6:30 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

5 out of the 1st 7 away if I'm not mistaken....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2021 7:03 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

The Newcastle away game is a farce. 

A part time team making a 350 mile round trip to a full time side on a Monday night is disgraceful.

Gives them an even bigger advantage playing it on a Monday. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2021 9:14 pm
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @widiot

3 away games for us on a Monday night, most notably Newcastle - also trips to Sheffield and Dewsbury. Those three clubs must be sick, their biggest away following of the season reduced to dozens if they’re lucky. 

the mind boggles with this sport, it really does. 

Let's turn down a TV deal because Widnes might take a couple of hundred people to Newcastle for a weekend.  🙄 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2021 9:42 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

The practicality of long trips for part time teams, during the working week, seems to escape the RFL. Of course they may never have had 'proper jobs'!

There does seem to be a bit of a bias, or are we considered to be a 'big club' and hence can power through it? Certainly justifies our squad size this year.

Good motivation for our players, handled properly!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2021 10:05 am
Page 2 / 4
Share: