Notifications
Clear all

2021 Squad

Page 2 / 18
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Movinv forward then - good news at last!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2020 8:06 pm
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

And Steve Tyrer is back

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2020 9:42 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

And Steve Tyrer is back Paulie xx

Been on the cards for a while.

Not sure he’s what we need though. Long term is he better than Roby or Spedding? Not sure.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2020 10:06 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Excellent news about Cross and Baker, albeit in a short time both were very impressive.

As for Ste Tyrer, if he is coming back then that is good experience and a good goalkicker, maybe one of Roby or Spedding is moving on? Or we feel we need extra competition in the centre, which I think to be truthful looks thin on paper.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2020 10:41 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Experience is valuable in the centre, as is another kicker. Spedding hasn't done a lot wrong, neither has Roby to be fair, but we need more than a one man thin squad.

Good signing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2020 11:12 am
(@griffin1)
Estimable Member

Looking through the list of SL players coming off contract, there are a few forwards who are closer to the end of their career than the start.

Just as a for instance, Kyle Amor is now 33 and coming off contract, is he the type of player we should be looking at?.

We all know our biggest enemy is the lack of money, but we must still be in the top few "richest" clubs in the championship , (I say that tongue in cheek).

I am reasonably happy with the backs and spine of the team, but if teams like Dewsbury can run over the top of us, we have problems, but Tim Sheens seems fully aware and has gone on record to say we are looking.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2020 1:23 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Regarding SL players it could depend on their future plans coming out of SL. If they have a job another year or so in the game might be attractive to ease the pay drop. But some don't like stepping down to a lower  level, think its beneath them!

There must be props out there and TS seems to have a mean eye for players with the ability waiting to be dug out.

Watching Kurt recently on TV and he was some player - what pace for a prop!!! I don't suppose...... No Stupid idea!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2020 2:02 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Good signing Tyrer, we needed an experienced centre as the 4 lads we have at centre/wing are all young lads. Also good news on Baker and Cross as from the limited game time we witnessed I would say Baker was the pick of the forwards and Cross the pick of the three quarters, both good try scorers.

on another note I see Fax have joined Rochdale in turning down the Autumn comp.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2020 5:08 pm
(@griffin1)
Estimable Member

I see Toulouse have signed Mitch Garb utterly for next season. They are building a nice team and should have a good shot at promotion next year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2020 6:33 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Don't tell Degsy!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2020 9:23 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Keighley and Sheffield now also not playing again until 2021.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2020 10:52 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

So we currently have Tyrer, Baker and Cross for 2021. Was Grady given a two year deal? Any others on two year deals?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2020 11:28 am
(@widiots-on-tour)
Eminent Member

Great to hear that Kenny and Deon are on board, both very impressive

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/07/2020 11:42 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

I think Craven has a 2 year deal, Farnworth possibly too, in addition to Grady.

I would assume Owens would stay and then there is Macgraff....due a testimonial (as is Craven!)

Players I would have as high priority who may well attract other clubs' attention would be Smith, Tomkins, Wilde and Johnson.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2020 12:52 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Lyons too, for later. TS will know who is likely to develop and may, hopefully, had a word.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2020 1:35 pm
Page 2 / 18
Share: