Notifications
Clear all

2021 Squad

Page 17 / 18
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Yes, had Craven at stand off as pretty much a given barring injury.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2020 1:03 pm
(@wirralviking)
Estimable Member

Surely we have got to keep the bits that worked in the voided season and change the bits/players that didn't! Nowt much wrong with Owens at fullback, Smith at 7, Craven at 6, Tomkins at 9 and Baker at 13. We were often out muscled in the pack and we seem to have sorted things out a bit at prop, now we await some decent second rowers! Outside backs seem OK and have had an experience injection with Tyrer's arrival. All building up nicely, if Ince returns as is also rumoured we will have wing options too. Johnson will be missed, but his loss shouldn't be too damaging.

Following the logic of the Clubs statement, we have done pretty well in "Phase 1" of the recruitment process. We should be well positioned to make the most of "Phase 2" as it seems Mr Sheens is driving the process, whilst at the same time being aware of our limited means! The only minor disappointment is it will be quiet for a while until "Phase 2" begins!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2020 2:43 pm
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

I personally think that 2 second rowers and another prop then we will be a good position for top 5

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2020 3:23 pm
(@di-keith-fowler)
Trusted Member

I personally think that 2 second rowers and another prop then we will be a good position for top 5

I think a couple more quality/solid signings and we should be looking to be top of semi-pro sides in the league. We have the best spine and the best coach it's what we can afford/attract to supplement that.

Heard rumours that London are going part time next season, be interesting to see what happens might level the playing field a bit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2020 9:50 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

If London go PT then it will be interesting to see how many of the current squad go PT and also where they get their players from...

Feel that Toulouse are the team to beat, with Leigh potentially. Leeds Rovers look good on paper but in practice I'm not sure. If London do go PT, could be helpful, but I would be disappointed with any lower than 5th.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2020 12:52 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Given the quality of some of our players, coupled with an expectation that Tim Sheens standing in the game will attract a couple of good P/T forwards, we should be in the top three next season.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2020 4:13 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

Johnson now officially announced to have signed for Ottawa. Interesting reports of several League 1 clubs expressing concerns about Ottawa joining the league in 2021, even though there are doubts about them being able to play any games in Canada. Total farce.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2020 6:24 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

I feel sure that Mr. Rimmer has a cunning plan to resolve any problems.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2020 7:07 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

So did Baldrick.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2020 8:41 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Precisely!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2020 9:36 pm
(@sunny)
Noble Member

Give himself a pay rise and/or a bonus?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2020 10:04 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

For sure!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2020 11:15 am
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

the reserves

How Ottawa’s squad for 2021 looks so far (squad numbers TBC):

1 Olly Ashall-Bott

2 Jack Johnson

3 Gavin Marguerite

6 Louis Jouffret

7 Tom Gilmore

8 Ted Chapelhow

9 Matty Fozard

10 Jay Chapelhow

11 Sam Wilde

12 Sam Luckley

13 Pat Moran

Subs

14 Dec O’Donnell

15 Ellis Robson didnt he have a few with us

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2020 4:00 pm
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

I could imagine a lot of SL players who are no longer wanted by SL clubs and would usually drop down to the championship and go part time but instead they will sign for Ottawa. Ottawa been based in Lancashire will be detrimental to our recruitment chances.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2020 4:58 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Give himself a pay rise and/or a bonus?

Whereabouts on a map do he and the boys fancy a North American Holiday?

San Francisco? Alberta? Miami?

That will be next...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2020 5:44 pm
Page 17 / 18
Share: