Notifications
Clear all

York Away

Page 1 / 6
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Specifically focussing on this week's game then:

York have had an underwhelming season like ourselves: in the reverse fixture they did a job on us in the last 20 mins when they outmuscled a weak forward pack.

We need longer minutes from the likes of Tilleke this week to ensure we have a chance, we have proven away against better teams we can compete: Else is a good player and he should add something.

If we lose, we will go behind York in the table, meaning we are dragged lower into the bottom half.

Heart says Widnes by 8, Head says York by 10 after a poor Widnes 2nd Half.

Thoughts?

Topic starter Posted : 07/08/2021 1:40 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

York by 26.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2021 2:34 pm
(@d-day)
Estimable Member

Comfortable win for York.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2021 3:29 pm
(@blue-viking)
Estimable Member

After last week I can only see a York win, I was quietly confident last week with the players what we had to select from but the way we fell away I was really disappointed. We look lethargic and I don’t see much changing unless there is a serious change in our recruitment cause ultimately over half of the squad isn’t good enough.

york by 18

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2021 3:52 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Can only see a York win.

I’d try something different, because it’s obviously not been working: Jack at 6 and Lyons at 1. Jack’s defence is miles better than Lyons and will able to organise the game a bit more. Frees Lyons up to be a bit of a runner. Or even play Hill at 1.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2021 4:26 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Yes, try something different.I'd start with at least one prop in the 13 that take the field.A bit radical perhaps but worth a go.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2021 4:28 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

I've tipped York in the Prediction League, but not (by far) with a lot of confidence.

Seeing as they were the ones that bid for "promotion" following Toronto's demise, they've not had the best of campaigns, especially post Wembley. Their only win since then was against us, where we struggled to raise a whimper.

They have some guys there on big money, and (in my opinion) should be far nearer the top than they are.

A win for you mob is not out of the question.

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2021 4:29 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Can only see a York win. I’d try something different, because it’s obviously not been working: Jack at 6 and Lyons at 1. Jack’s defence is miles better than Lyons and will able to organise the game a bit more. Frees Lyons up to be a bit of a runner. Or even play Hill at 1.

Think Owens at HB is not a bad shout at all; prefer to give Hill a go over Lyons at FB, wasn't a big fan of that move when Sheens tried it.

Feel Lloyd Roby could have been a decent FB option but that is now obviously out of the question.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/08/2021 5:49 pm
(@blue-viking)
Estimable Member

With roden and hulme being fit maybe it could be an opportunity to try else in the halfs

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2021 6:22 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Widnes by one

4 sent off and 56 pies sold

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2021 7:46 pm
(@macc-viking)
Trusted Member

Fiendishly complicated to buy a ticket. No clue how to buy for the Away fans. Have to register as a 'York supporter'. Almost gave up in despair. No wonder fans are staying away in droves as long as we can't just roll up like normal human beings and pay at the gate. Will this covi-madness only end when they have driven rugby league into the ground, just to humour the hypochondriacs, the paranoid, the cowards and the control freaks?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2021 8:47 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

York haven’t beaten anyone bar Swinton and Oldham recently but I’m still not confident on the back of what we saw on Sunday. I’d be leaving Owens at fullback, how about Smith at scrum half, Baker at loose forward and a couple of props at prop? With two more props on the bench spelled effectively.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2021 9:34 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

With roden and hulme being fit maybe it could be an opportunity to try else in the halfs

You could say we should try ‘something Else’ … sorry couldn’t stop myself 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2021 4:00 am
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Can only see a York win. I’d try something different, because it’s obviously not been working: Jack at 6 and Lyons at 1. Jack’s defence is miles better than Lyons and will able to organise the game a bit more. Frees Lyons up to be a bit of a runner. Or even play Hill at 1.

Why do you want to play them out of position ? Will never work and never has, on paper we are more than capable. We need the coach to be firm not softly softly and then if they pull their fingers out we have a chance.

Usually have a weekend in York when we play them but the Travelodge an Premier Inn prices are shocking, I could have booked a flight abroad cheaper.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2021 7:04 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Need to make more of Lawton's threat. Give him the ball more, he creates havoc and we need to make them cover him all the time!

Going back a bit and Big Jim used to loop round the back and pop up in the left centre, worth a shot with Adam.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2021 7:08 am
Page 1 / 6
Share: