Widnes v Keighley at Runcorn

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Greasley1977
    • New signing

Evening,

Just enquiring after an old game between Widnes & Keighley. It was switched to Runcorn, think it was the time the old Naughton Park was redeveloped.

Just wandering if anybody remembers this game? Recall one of your players, think it was a forward who was a thorn in our side, we couldn’t stop him, unfortunately he went off injured, an arm injury springs to mind…

Any info would be greatly appreciated

SinbadSinbad
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

Might have been an Aussie forward by the name of Bob Campbell.

https://rugby.widnes.tv/fullmatch.php?fullid=3727

Viking Man
    • North Stander
    • ☆☆☆☆☆

It was Sean Richardson – he played a blinder than if I recall correctly broke his leg from a short kick off.

Remember the games at Runcorn well, remember Campbell got a hat trick all from close range.

Spelly
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

You played us at Runcorn, and the Sun was cracking the flags that afternoon.

We won, but I can’t remember the score.

1997 I think, but stand to be corrected,

Spelly.

" ---- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Greasley1977
    • New signing

Thanks….

Yeah, remember you beating us.. as you say, was a cracking day weather wise. One of our fans had an incident with the glass doors at the clubhouse, walking into it with a couple of pints 😂😂😂

Mr H
    • Kemik’s Assistant
    • ☆☆

I was thinking Sean Richardson…..he was unplayable until his injury! I think it was a broken leg he suffered.

Ping
    • Kemik’s Assistant
    • ☆☆

Yes it was. I think he was on loan from Saints then we signed him. Was Steve Hampson and Shane Cooper playing as well.

Viking Man
    • North Stander
    • ☆☆☆☆☆

We originally signed Richardson from Castleford, and then second time from Dewsbury.  He was never at Saints.

Back to Forum Home | Mark Topic Read  | 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.