Toulouse v Widnes -...

Notifications
Clear all

Toulouse v Widnes -----------------

Page 1 / 3
(@spelly)
Noble Member

----------------- will be staged at Heywood Road on Sunday week, as part of a double header.

We're on first when we host Kear's Crew, and........

Then it's you mob up against nos amis from across La Manche.

Kick off times are 11.45 am, and 4.15 pm.

Spelly.

Topic starter Posted : 27/04/2021 4:14 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Double header is stretching it a bit! There'll be at least two hours between games!

Interesting how Toulouse sorted this out for us and not Featherstone - wonder if it would have happened if Widnes had P3 W3.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2021 5:55 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Double header is stretching it a bit! There’ll be at least two hours between games! Interesting how Toulouse sorted this out for us and not Featherstone – wonder if it would have happened if Widnes had P3 W3.

One reason for the gap is that the changing rooms need to be cleaned in between the games.

I will be stewarding, and the venue is in lockdown three hours prior to kick off, meaning I'll be there from summat like 8.30am to 6.30pm.

I wouldn't imagine Fev are currently (anywhere near) top of the RFL's "like list" following the reports of their (alleged) misdemeanor after a recent fixture at POR.

As regards had you a P3, W3 record comment, I first heard about this around ten days ago, but it's only been made official today, so I would suggest that yes. the same scenario would have applied if you had been table toppers.

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/04/2021 6:17 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Can't see many positives to this for us. We would have been better off with a void fixture not affecting our average points per game. And we won't be allowed to attend either.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2021 7:19 pm
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

This will be like lambs to the slaughter! Is there an 18 rating on OurLeague for this one?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2021 8:46 pm
(@a-cape)
Reputable Member

Heyward Road, The Nou Camp or Leigh Rec, wherever we rock up we will end up utterly pasted. This should be moved to Channel 4 after the watershed on a Sunday night, so no kids can see it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2021 6:15 am
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

Is this going to happen to other clubs that have had postponed matches against Toulouse?
If not, why has Widnes been chosen to play a rearranged match against them?

I presume Widnes didn’t have a say in this, because surely we wouldn’t want to play an extra game with such a small squad and the form were in.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2021 7:42 am
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

It's not an extra game though, it's part of the fixtures.Not so long ago we would've welcomed this game, playing Toulouse over here in the North West instead of having to travel to France.Now we are dreading it.A sad state of affairs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2021 8:15 am
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member

Is this going to happen to other clubs that have had postponed matches against Toulouse? If not, why has Widnes been chosen to play a rearranged match against them? I presume Widnes didn’t have a say in this, because surely we wouldn’t want to play an extra game with such a small squad and the form were in.

Because we're a rugby league club with a set of fixtures to fulfil?

Do we only want to play games when we're bang on form?  Afraid it doesn't work like that, we're in the trenches and we need to muck in and start digging ourselves out of this hole we're in.  We need to play games to do this, bring on Toulouse - if they are the best team in the league (clearly) then it's a great benchmark to judge ourselves on.  The players may surprise everyone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2021 8:50 am
(@a-cape)
Reputable Member

It’s not an extra game though, it’s part of the fixtures.Not so long ago we would’ve welcomed this game, playing Toulouse over here in the North West instead of having to travel to France.Now we are dreading it.A sad state of affairs.

I think this just about sums up our situation perfectly!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2021 8:57 am
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

I wasn’t saying we shouldn’t play Toulouse to fulfill our fixtures, but that it is unfair that we will do this, but a lot of other clubs won’t have to, therefore there win percentage will be better by not playing them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2021 9:04 am
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Or to look at it another way, our win percentage 'could' be better after playing Toulouse.If Widnes are struggling to raise a team to play one game per week and be competitive  then that's  our own doing.Not bothered about other clubs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2021 9:21 am
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

In fairness, we only play Toulouse once this year and some teams have to play them twice so I don’t think we can complain about unfair treatment.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2021 10:49 am
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Double header is stretching it a bit! There’ll be at least two hours between games! Interesting how Toulouse sorted this out for us and not Featherstone – wonder if it would have happened if Widnes had P3 W3.

agree with that - Toulouse want to get as many wins in just in case France gets worse as they may not be able to travel over here to play

not looking forward to it but we had that weekend in the diary to play them

the setting will not be as good as previous away fixtures

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2021 1:30 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Is this going to happen to other clubs that have had postponed matches against Toulouse? If not, why has Widnes been chosen to play a rearranged match against them? I presume Widnes didn’t have a say in this, because surely we wouldn’t want to play an extra game with such a small squad and the form were in.

To be fair, there's only one that's been postponed - Featherstone this week. And there will be space in the calendar to get one game re-arranged, you'd imagine.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2021 3:24 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: