Notifications
Clear all

Tomkins

(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Now as we stand he has not played for about 16 months,

Probably our biggest earner

no contact training until October 20 ?
sheens leaves and shortly after it’s announced he has an injury ?
injury not improving and apparently he struggles with the pitch ?
not likely to play this season (if ever for us )

remember Dudson ,season injured on our books, released went to Salford played a full season , moved on to cats- still playing

inu ditto

there is something amiss here

Topic starter Posted : 12/07/2021 8:16 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Nobody was in contact training between March 20 and October 20 due to COVID / furlough.

He's had a serious injury - why does everything have to be a conspiracy?

Dudson played 6 of our last 10 games in 2018 before his move to Salford.

Inu played virtually the full season in 2018, and then missed the first two games of the 2019 season and was then released by the administrators.

Players get injured. Players then recover from injury. It's fairly standard.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2021 9:51 pm
(@hillview)

Everything becomes what you call a conspiracy due to the lack of information from the club and that is not just about players but the club generally .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2021 8:53 am
(@the-ghost-of-ethel)
Estimable Member

I'm not sure what information some people want.

10.15am Our captain, Jack Owens, nips to the toilets in Morrisons to park his breakfast

2.36 am Danny Craven thought he heard somebody outside but it was just a fox rooting through the rubbish

Monday 28th June Logan Tomkins still injured

Monday 5th July Logan Tomkins still injured

Monday 12th July Logan Tomkins still injured

Monday 19th July All restrictions lifted, Logan Tomkins still injured.

I wait with baited breath for the "Where's Lee Jewitt?" thread

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2021 9:16 am
(@frankg)
Noble Member

I recollect in an interview with Finnegan at the end of March, he did mention that he hoped that Tomkins would be out for up to three months. It is probably about time for a further update on our "marquee" player.

James has answered the "conspiracy" theory, although I am not sure what conspiracy was being suggested. It does seem that the injury dates back to his time at Salford, which does beg the question whether there was an assessment of this long-term injury before we awarded him a two year contract. He has played just six games since we signed him, which is not a good return on our investment to date. I presume that there will be some insurance cover to meet all or part of his wages.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2021 9:24 am
(@gpo1971)
Honorable Member

I’m not sure what information some people want. 10.15am Our captain, Jack Owens, nips to the toilets in Morrisons to park his breakfast 2.36 am Danny Craven thought he heard somebody outside but it was just a fox rooting through the rubbish

🙂 good that!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2021 10:26 am
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

Everything becomes what you call a conspiracy due to the lack of information from the club and that is not just about players but the club generally .

Or another way of looking at it is that conspiracies grow because people make stuff up and the gullible believe it and elevate gossip to fact.

The club provide plenty of information via the club website and social media - we are a small business in a marginalised sport - we are not Apple.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2021 10:45 am
 RB
(@rb)
Estimable Member

I’m not sure what information some people want. 10.15am Our captain, Jack Owens, nips to the toilets in Morrisons to park his breakfast 2.36 am Danny Craven thought he heard somebody outside but it was just a fox rooting through the rubbish Monday 28th June Logan Tomkins still injured Monday 5th July Logan Tomkins still injured Monday 12th July Logan Tomkins still injured Monday 19th July All restrictions lifted, Logan Tomkins still injured. I wait with baited breath for the “Where’s Lee Jewitt?” thread

Phil Finney was pretty forthcoming in his long interview with Flash since then zilch.

We don't have enough forwards in our squad. We had a young winger Ollie Brooks come off the bench to make his debut in the 2nd row. We are losing matches because we don't have enough forwards. On sunday we had 2 young backs on the bench one not used one came on for 10 minutes while our Captain and Full back switched to hooker.

How have we got into this situation why cannot we resolve it. Is their a problem at the Club.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2021 10:50 am
Robbo
(@robbo)
Estimable Member

I think the inference in the initial post was that it may be something to do with the pitch.  It's easy to pick up specific cases but then ignore all the players who play on it regularly and have no injury issues. At the end of the day we have an artificial pitch.  It isn't going to change.  Suck it up and lets get on with it.

Or another way of looking at it is that conspiracies grow because people make stuff up and the gullible believe it and elevate gossip to fact. The club provide plenty of information via the club website and social media – we are a small business in a marginalised sport – we are not Apple.

Exactly this.  You only have to look at some of the rubbish people post on social media whether that's about Covid or whatever.  People make stuff up, or mishear it, and others believe it because it fits their agenda.

A friend of mine was trying to convince me there was a planet in our solar system that only the elite knew about but nobody could see because the hierarchy where covering it up.  And it was going to hit the Earth.  That was three years ago.  I'm still waiting for the bump............

The bigger issue is that we probably are struggling financially but look at the bigger picture.  All of Rugby League is in a mess.  Lots of clubs are struggling, most don't tell their fans everything to avoid panic.  It's frustrating to be a fan at this time for sure, but I am more worried for the future of our game as I think it's run by the wrong people.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2021 11:10 am
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

The idea that governments are covering up the planet made me laugh out loud - I guess it must be a fair size tarpaulin 😃😃

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2021 11:16 am
(@torn-sock-1)
Estimable Member

Only those with the right Covid microchip can see it!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/07/2021 4:18 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

I’m not sure what information some people want. 10.15am Our captain, Jack Owens, nips to the toilets in Morrisons to park his breakfast 2.36 am Danny Craven thought he heard somebody outside but it was just a fox rooting through the rubbish Monday 28th June Logan Tomkins still injured Monday 5th July Logan Tomkins still injured Monday 12th July Logan Tomkins still injured Monday 19th July All restrictions lifted, Logan Tomkins still injured. I wait with baited breath for the “Where’s Lee Jewitt?” thread

Phil Finney was pretty forthcoming in his long interview with Flash since then zilch. We don’t have enough forwards in our squad. We had a young winger Ollie Brooks come off the bench to make his debut in the 2nd row. We are losing matches because we don’t have enough forwards. On sunday we had 2 young backs on the bench one not used one came on for 10 minutes while our Captain and Full back switched to hooker. How have we got into this situation why cannot we resolve it. Is their a problem at the Club.

Unfortunately, the club can't magic up forwards to sign. Even if they could, there's no guarantee there's room on the salary cap to sign them thanks to the club's sensible and prudent approach to their budget submissions to the RFL to avoid financial problems.

The whole game is struggling. I'm sure prior to the season, the club thought they'd have 1 or 2 loan forwards each week, which clearly has become an issue due to COVID and the Super League problems.

Clough, Farnworth, Jewitt and Dwyer all forwards, all unavailable last weekend. Throw in Doro, Robson and O'Neill, and that's essentially seven forwards the club *could* have had that aren't available anymore for variety of reasons. Teams in Super League are literally forfeiting games due to player availability.

Why does that mean there's a problem at the club?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/07/2021 8:38 am
Share: