The real measuremen...

Notifications
Clear all

The real measurement of were we are at.

Page 1 / 4
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

Tomorrow we are playing against arguably one of the front-runners for promotion (along with Toulouse), we have a fully fit squad (minus Tomkins), yes results against Toulouse and Dewsbury were bloody awful but they were at least mitigating factors to take into account.

Tomorrow, there are no excuses, I believe tomorrow’s squad for us  will contain some of the best players in the championship and anything other convincing performance or a competitive game then questions about the coach will be more explicit.

I am not expecting a win, Feth are a good team but no matter what team Feth put out, we shouldn’t be blown away, we are Widnes and we some experienced players with quality.

Topic starter Posted : 05/06/2021 10:36 am
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Tomorrow we are playing against arguably one of the front-runners for promotion (along with Toulouse), we have a fully fit squad (minus Tomkins), yes results against Toulouse and Dewsbury were bloody awful but they were at least mitigating factors to take into account. Tomorrow, there are no excuses, I believe tomorrow’s squad for us will contain some of the best players in the championship and anything other convincing performance or a competitive game then questions about the coach will be more explicit. I am not expecting a win, Feth are a good team but no matter what team Feth put out, we shouldn’t be blown away, we are Widnes and we some experienced players with quality.

You on the pop ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2021 12:38 pm
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

No Mick, just expressing an opinion on a forum with the intention of constructing a debate.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/06/2021 12:48 pm
 J.Mc
(@j-mc)
Eminent Member

Are featherstone full time?, if so it will make a huge difference as regards fitness.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2021 12:52 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

No Mick, just expressing an opinion on a forum with the intention of constructing a debate.

He's always looking for an argument,Spike.

I agree and have said in a previous topic, we must at the very least be competitive,even in defeat.No excuses for a blow out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2021 1:12 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Featherstone are part time, London and Tolouse are full time.  We had a few injured but I don't think you can use that as a mitigating factor, it's just part of the game.  Featherstone had 7 or 8 missing last week. They have a 30 man squad and we have 26, I think without reserves or academy you need more than 26.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2021 1:16 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

A shame we can’t sell out our allocation of 300 tickets

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2021 1:53 pm
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

mick really seems to hate the club because they didn’t reply to a few emails

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2021 3:56 pm
(@tonyvikinggee)
Estimable Member

If we turn up and play to a high standard and Fev have an off day, then we have a chance. But the only real indicator of where we are at as a team will be the end of season league table, results taken in isolation are never great indicators.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2021 7:05 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

Spike Island has had too much sun!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2021 7:06 pm
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

Micks still bitter that head to undertake the 60 second process of choosing a seat for the games 😂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2021 10:24 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

The real measure of where we are is always how many people want to watch us. Nobody watches and the team dies. A good indication at the moment is we haven’t sold our 300:allocation of tickets for a semi that will see us go to Wembley if we win

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/06/2021 3:57 am
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I think a better indication will be the attendance at the first home league matches once restrictions have been removed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/06/2021 10:04 am
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

I think a better indication will be the attendance at the first home league matches once restrictions have been removed.

I think that’s a fair call.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/06/2021 10:43 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

So far we haven't been able to play well against top-half teams but have easily dispatched the bottom teams like Oldham, Whitehaven and Swinton.

A better performance today would show we can be more competitive as the season goes on.

In terms of crowds etc, I think going to Fev which is fairly awkward to get to, especially on public transport, for a game you can watch for free is less of an indicator than if we got a below 3000 crowd for the first game with no restrictions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/06/2021 11:11 am
Page 1 / 4
Share: