Notifications
Clear all

Organised Chaos

(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

This season ticket  is a shambles, has anyone at the club not organised things of this nature before ?

Why oh why are they asking supporters to select their seats before every game ?

Why are they not allocating a seat for all the games when you purchase your season ticket, unless covid rules slacken.

We could then have a card to gain access without all this e ticket nonsense, ludicrous way to operate and has already deterred a few I know and I am undecided on this.

Topic starter Posted : 27/02/2021 3:16 pm
 ma
(@ma)
Trusted Member

This season ticket is a shambles, has anyone at the club not organised things of this nature before ? Why oh why are they asking supporters to select their seats before every game ? Why are they not allocating a seat for all the games when you purchase your season ticket, unless covid rules slacken. We could then have a card to gain access without all this e ticket nonsense, ludicrous way to operate and has already deterred a few I know and I am undecided on this.

- Not under COVID rules. No club has.

- So that social distancing can occur. If we allocated seats for the whole season, and then social distancing is relaxed later on, or even made stricter, people would have to move seats or their seat allocation might actually disappear.

- This is the new norm, for this season anyway.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2021 10:01 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

This season ticket is a shambles, has anyone at the club not organised things of this nature before ? Why oh why are they asking supporters to select their seats before every game ? Why are they not allocating a seat for all the games when you purchase your season ticket, unless covid rules slacken. We could then have a card to gain access without all this e ticket nonsense, ludicrous way to operate and has already deterred a few I know and I am undecided on this.

– Not under COVID rules. No club has. – So that social distancing can occur. If we allocated seats for the whole season, and then social distancing is relaxed later on, or even made stricter, people would have to move seats or their seat allocation might actually disappear. – This is the new norm, for this season anyway.

Utter rubbish Saints for one are not making people select their seats before every game they are allocating for the season unless restrictions are lifted, It isn't rocket science to organise this. Are you associated to the club ?.

'

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/02/2021 11:41 pm
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

Well said ma, you might have known there would be some moaning on here. Zzzzz.

unprecedented times, hopefully this will only be for a couple of games.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2021 12:30 am
(@wombat)
Trusted Member

Big difference between Widnes and Saints.
We don’t own the stadium, unlike Saints, HBC are the ones in control of safety issues at the stadium not Widnes Vikings.
The stadium has its own H&S team and if they say that’s the way it is to be done then thats it, it is their responsibility.

Getting back to games will initially be very strange but if it means everyone is safe and the game goes on so be it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2021 9:58 am
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Big difference between Widnes and Saints. We don’t own the stadium, unlike Saints, HBC are the ones in control of safety issues at the stadium not Widnes Vikings. The stadium has its own H&S team and if they say that’s the way it is to be done then thats it, it is their responsibility. Getting back to games will initially be very strange but if it means everyone is safe and the game goes on so be it.

Someone with a sensible reply, but we pay for the stadium and the stewarding/ safety. Like i said in my OP it does not need to be as complicated and it will cause problems as well as put people off, 8 of us so far cannot be arsed with it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/02/2021 10:19 am
 ma
(@ma)
Trusted Member

The only association i have with the club or ever likely to be, is that of a supporter who has had a season ticket for 30 years and will get a 31st - not out of blind faith or out of duress, but because I want one.

You have a point in that it isn't ideal, but its not enough for me to throw a strop about it. Its no hardship for me to select a seat each week before a match.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2021 10:44 am
(@over-active-thyroid)

I Think After The Year We Have All Just Lived Through , We Need To See It Being A Massive Positive That Before This Month Is Out , We Will Once Again Be Able To Watch Widnes Play Again . There Are Bound To Be Things  ( Connected To The New Season Ticket ) Which We Don't Agree With. The Club Will Need Our Support More Than Ever  This Year So Let's Get Behind Them And  Give Them Our Full Support

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2021 10:42 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

If you want to watch Widnes play, buy a ticket - it’s not like you have to walk up Everest bare foot to get one.

On the other hand, if you ‘can’t be arsed’ then fair enough.

At the end of the day, the people interested in watching Widnes will turn up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2021 7:13 am
(@steelviking)
Estimable Member

You have to select a seat in the cinema?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2021 8:56 am
(@frankg)
Noble Member

Why is it organised chaos? The club have decided from their perspective, this is the best course of action. Some are Ok with that and others disagree. That is life. If you can't be arsed to go on line to book a seat for games (as long as the restrictions are in force), then don't buy a season ticket or don't go to games.

I can't recollect a time when the club have had to organise anything like this before - perhaps they did when we had the last pandemic.

Having said that, if MG had expressed his reservations and asked the club to explain their approach, they should have the courtesy to reply to him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2021 12:49 pm
Robbo
(@robbo)
Estimable Member

Is it really that big a problem.  So many things have happened over the last 12 months and you're worried about selecting a seat before the game?  It's not that big a chore is it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2021 2:13 pm
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

<p style="text-align: left;">I tried to suggest that but was called a clown so 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣</p>

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2021 5:37 pm
Share: