No pride in the bad...

Notifications
Clear all

No pride in the badge

(@topcat162)
Trusted Member

I think after watching all this season’s games there is lack of passion effort and desire in playing for the town and the badge of the club, next week will be another lesson in rugby from York city knights

Topic starter Posted : 09/05/2021 4:59 pm
Gofyn
(@gofyn)
Estimable Member

To be fair the badge is rubbish.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 6:17 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

😁😁😁

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 9:50 pm
(@a-cape)
Reputable Member

Correct. When those cowboys rode off into the sunset, everything related to the old regime should have been binned! That includes the badge!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 10:28 am
(@torn-sock-1)
Estimable Member

If a lot of them don't have pride in their own fitness then why would they care about the badge?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 12:10 pm
(@johnnyboy)
Reputable Member

Silence from SF and the board is deafening...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 2:46 pm
(@a-cape)
Reputable Member

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but, this current set up, ie board and coach is worse worse than the SOC/Rule/Cummins shenanigans. We are up shat creek without a paddle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 2:57 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

Correct. When those cowboys rode off into the sunset, everything related to the old regime should have been binned! That includes the badge!

Agreed everything and everybody.

I thought that the last regime was like a holiday camp but it appears the new one is like a free holiday camp.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 3:12 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but, this current set up, ie board and coach is worse worse than the SOC/Rule/Cummins shenanigans. We are up shat creek without a paddle.

Absolute rubbish. So Directors paying themselves salaries totalling over £300,000 (if rumours are true); a Chief Executive running the finances of the club into the ground; and a coach thrown in at the deep end, are better than the current set up?

Where would we be if the current Board walked away? My guess is that the Board are asking Finnegan for answers as to what has gone wrong on the pitch and that is why neither Finnegan or the Board have made any statement yet. As far as I am aware, there was no queue of potential investors and there is no benefactor willing to put their money into the club.

It is easy to criticise in hindsight and if we had won all four games in the league, Finnegan would have been lauded on here as a brilliant signing. Coaches have to start their career somewhere and it may well still work out with Finnegan, but who else applied for the job with more experience. I have no doubt that whoever was appointed would not have met the aspirations of some on this forum. That is the nature of forums - there are a wide range of views. I have said before that Ian Watson was appointed as Salford coach with little coaching experience and he didn't do a bad job there.

I agree that Finnegan must accept the main responsibility for the disastrous start to the season, but if he was sacked or walked away, there is no guarantee that any other coach who would be prepared to take the job - experienced or otherwise - would do any better with the players at their disposal. The players must look at themselves and any that do not want to play for the club or the coach should be politely asked to leave. I am not sure that any other club would want them with that attitude. if that is the case.

Maybe the Board need to bring in someone to work with Finnegan, as well as at least try to sign a few players who want to play for the club Whether we have the finances to do this is another matter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 3:49 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

I think that the board will be genuinely taken aback with how dire the league season has been so far.

Maybe the perceived lack of communication is down to the fact they themselves don't know what to make of it all.

Given the names in the team, the worst I certainly was imagining at the start of the year was bland mid-table not in the Play-Offs but a way clear of the relegation zone. I guess many on the board will have felt the same way?

To me, we are quite reminiscent of when Fax went down, IIRC they survived a relegation/promotion play-off game at our ground to stave off relegation to League 1?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 5:25 pm
(@a-cape)
Reputable Member

Absolute rubbish. So Directors paying themselves salaries totalling over £300,000 (if rumours are true); a Chief Executive running the finances of the club into the ground; and a coach thrown in at the deep end, are better than the current set up? Where would we be if the current Board walked away? My guess is that the Board are asking Finnegan for answers as to what has gone wrong on the pitch and that is why neither Finnegan or the Board have made any statement yet. As far as I am aware, there was no queue of potential investors and there is no benefactor willing to put their money into the club. It is easy to criticise in hindsight and if we had won all four games in the league, Finnegan would have been lauded on here as a brilliant signing. Coaches have to start their career somewhere and it may well still work out with Finnegan, but who else applied for the job with more experience. I have no doubt that whoever was appointed would not have met the aspirations of some on this forum. That is the nature of forums – there are a wide range of views. I have said before that Ian Watson was appointed as Salford coach with little coaching experience and he didn’t do a bad job there. I agree that Finnegan must accept the main responsibility for the disastrous start to the season, but if he was sacked or walked away, there is no guarantee that any other coach who would be prepared to take the job – experienced or otherwise – would do any better with the players at their disposal. The players must look at themselves and any that do not want to play for the club or the coach should be politely asked to leave. I am not sure that any other club would want them with that attitude. if that is the case. Maybe the Board need to bring in someone to work with Finnegan, as well as at least try to sign a few players who want to play for the club Whether we have the finances to do this is another matter.

Where are we now Frank? This set up is beyond amateurish. Jobs for the boys, no lessons learnt. The begging buckets will be out again anytime soon and the sob stories with follow soon after! Fans yet again treated like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed on shyte.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 6:12 pm
Share: