Nicola Sturgeon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Spelly
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

So she’s aiming at Indyref 2 by the end of 2023 eh?

What happens if she wins? Will her opponents say summat like this? “We won one, now you’ve won one, let’s have a decider!”

She wants to disunite the United Kingdom, which I strongly disagree with.

As I’ve said many times, Edinburgh, Dundee, John o’ Groats, Belfast, Larne, Londonderry, Cardiff, Wrexham, and New Quay (where my girlfriend lives, and I am till tomorrow) are all as British, as are Widnes, Swinton, and Monton!

I sincerely hope the voters come up with a huge “No!” when they go to the polls!

Spelly.

" ---- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

widneslatic
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

So she’s aiming at Indyref 2 by the end of 2023 eh? What happens if she wins? Will her opponents say summat like this? “We won one, now you’ve won one, let’s have a decider!” She wants to disunite the United Kingdom, which I strongly disagree with. As I’ve said many times, Edinburgh, Dundee, John o’ Groats, Belfast, Larne, Londonderry, Cardiff, Wrexham, and New Quay (where my girlfriend lives, and I am till tomorrow) are all as British, as are Widnes, Swinton, and Monton! I sincerely hope the voters come up with a huge “No!” when they go to the polls! Spelly.

She’s a certifiable lunatic.

I read something the other week, which stated,  The annual financial input they get from Westminster is £16bn MORE than their entire annual GDP.

If that’s true, then independence would be suicide.

Royston Vasey
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

Yeah, everything she says always seems a bit fishy to me.

gpo1971
    • North Stander
    • ☆☆☆☆☆

Nevertheless, the vote will happen and ‘leave’ will win. What happens after that is anyone’s guess. It’s been a nap since Brexit. I don’t blame them for wanting to get away from Johnson and England but I do hope they’ve got their sums right.

Torn Sock 1
    • North Stander
    • ☆☆☆☆☆

Well one things for sure if they do have another “once in a lifetime” vote and they leave they shouldn’t be allowed to come crawling back when their sums don’t add up!!

Robbo
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

I live just South of Glasgow and what she wants isn’t necessarily what she will get.  I wonder if they had won the vote then would they have allowed a second vote so soon to see if people want to go back to the UK.  I sincerely doubt it.  Not for nothing is she known as the “Nippy Wee Sweetie” to many.  She’s more devious in her approach than Salmond.  I’ve lived here now for 17 years, but my (Scottish) partner and I have said that should Scotland ever go Independent, we’re heading South of the Border.  I already pay more tax than I would do if I lived in England.  And financially, Scotland cannot survive on its own.  It has lost all its major manufacturing and I can’t see any way that it would be able to produce the revenue it needs to support all the spending from the SNP.

gpo1971
    • North Stander
    • ☆☆☆☆☆

To be fair, the goalposts have shifted somewhat since the last referendum, the UK is no longer an EU country primarily because of English voters. So you could understand that being a source of frustration.

Whenever the topic of Scotland being able to afford to go it alone has been raised in the past, the oil and gas situation was always the magic bullet. I do wonder whether that’s still applicable these days, long-term anyway. It will be difficult to go from being part of a powerhouse economy like the UK’s to being a standalone nation economy for 5,5M people. Might be very expensive for a while.

Back to Forum Home | Mark Topic Read  | 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.