Nicola Sturgeon

Notifications
Clear all

Nicola Sturgeon

Page 1 / 5
(@spelly)
Noble Member

So she's aiming at Indyref 2 by the end of 2023 eh?

What happens if she wins? Will her opponents say summat like this? "We won one, now you've won one, let's have a decider!"

She wants to disunite the United Kingdom, which I strongly disagree with.

As I've said many times, Edinburgh, Dundee, John o' Groats, Belfast, Larne, Londonderry, Cardiff, Wrexham, and New Quay (where my girlfriend lives, and I am till tomorrow) are all as British, as are Widnes, Swinton, and Monton!

I sincerely hope the voters come up with a huge "No!" when they go to the polls!

Spelly.

Topic starter Posted : 07/09/2021 2:47 pm
widneslatic
(@widneslatic)
Reputable Member

So she’s aiming at Indyref 2 by the end of 2023 eh? What happens if she wins? Will her opponents say summat like this? “We won one, now you’ve won one, let’s have a decider!” She wants to disunite the United Kingdom, which I strongly disagree with. As I’ve said many times, Edinburgh, Dundee, John o’ Groats, Belfast, Larne, Londonderry, Cardiff, Wrexham, and New Quay (where my girlfriend lives, and I am till tomorrow) are all as British, as are Widnes, Swinton, and Monton! I sincerely hope the voters come up with a huge “No!” when they go to the polls! Spelly.

She's a certifiable lunatic.

I read something the other week, which stated,  The annual financial input they get from Westminster is £16bn MORE than their entire annual GDP.

If that's true, then independence would be suicide.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2021 4:36 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

Yeah, everything she says always seems a bit fishy to me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2021 11:55 pm
(@gpo1971)
Honorable Member

Nevertheless, the vote will happen and 'leave' will win. What happens after that is anyone's guess. It's been a nap since Brexit. I don't blame them for wanting to get away from Johnson and England but I do hope they've got their sums right.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/09/2021 12:36 pm
(@torn-sock-1)
Estimable Member

Well one things for sure if they do have another "once in a lifetime" vote and they leave they shouldn't be allowed to come crawling back when their sums don't add up!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/09/2021 4:39 pm
Robbo
(@robbo)
Estimable Member

I live just South of Glasgow and what she wants isn't necessarily what she will get.  I wonder if they had won the vote then would they have allowed a second vote so soon to see if people want to go back to the UK.  I sincerely doubt it.  Not for nothing is she known as the "Nippy Wee Sweetie" to many.  She's more devious in her approach than Salmond.  I've lived here now for 17 years, but my (Scottish) partner and I have said that should Scotland ever go Independent, we're heading South of the Border.  I already pay more tax than I would do if I lived in England.  And financially, Scotland cannot survive on its own.  It has lost all its major manufacturing and I can't see any way that it would be able to produce the revenue it needs to support all the spending from the SNP.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2021 1:29 pm
(@gpo1971)
Honorable Member

To be fair, the goalposts have shifted somewhat since the last referendum, the UK is no longer an EU country primarily because of English voters. So you could understand that being a source of frustration.

Whenever the topic of Scotland being able to afford to go it alone has been raised in the past, the oil and gas situation was always the magic bullet. I do wonder whether that's still applicable these days, long-term anyway. It will be difficult to go from being part of a powerhouse economy like the UK's to being a standalone nation economy for 5,5M people. Might be very expensive for a while.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2021 1:48 pm
Davie
(@davie)
Eminent Member

Seems like there are a few Tories on here. 65 countries have left the British Empire. Its time for a few more. Scots voted SNP & get Tories. Scots voted against Brexit & get Brexit.Thats a weird form of democracy. Wanting to be independent is not unusual.Why would you not want independence from Tories( unless you are a Tory) ? Why do many English have such a negative view of Scotland and yet wish to control them The Empire is over. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2021 7:25 pm
widneslatic
(@widneslatic)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @davie

Seems like there are a few Tories on here. 65 countries have left the British Empire. Its time for a few more. Scots voted SNP & get Tories. Scots voted against Brexit & get Brexit.Thats a weird form of democracy. Wanting to be independent is not unusual.Why would you not want independence from Tories( unless you are a Tory) ? Why do many English have such a negative view of Scotland and yet wish to control them The Empire is over. 

Seems like you have a few issues there, Davie... 🤔

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2021 8:46 pm
Davie
(@davie)
Eminent Member

@widneslatic I do. They are pretty obvious. Pro Independence and anti Tory/7Unionism.sturgeon a certified lunatic ? Naw. An elected representative, yes. I am not Tory, Unionist or Protestant, the chief barriers to Independence. Which are you ? And what  are your issues ? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2021 8:57 pm
widneslatic
(@widneslatic)
Reputable Member

@widneslatic I do. They are pretty obvious. Pro Independence and anti Tory/7Unionism.sturgeon a certified lunatic ? Naw. An elected representative, yes. I am not Tory, Unionist or Protestant, the chief barriers to Independence. Which are you ? And what  are your issues ? 

Oh dear... seems like you're too far gone to have a reasoned debate with 🤦

Sturgeon "Cheerleaders" are notoriously closed off from reality.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2021 9:02 pm
Davie
(@davie)
Eminent Member
  • Far gone ? Why. ? Because I disagree with you? You seem rude a Tory. You seem too far gone to have a reasoned debate with too. Apparently I am closed from reality because I disagree with you.I noticed that you didn’t answer my questions. Tory? Unionist? Protestant?  Tara. 
ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2021 9:14 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @widneslatic

Davie was putting forward an opinion - in my view a correct one. 

You appear to be promoting imperialism Widneslatic, which I don’t think you intend to do as you are usually a sensible contributor. 

if a country ruled by a democratically elected government has received a mandate then not to be able to act on it because of outside interference deserves raising as an issue.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2021 1:53 am
widneslatic
(@widneslatic)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @royston-vasey
Posted by: @widneslatic

Davie was putting forward an opinion - in my view a correct one. 

You appear to be promoting imperialism Widneslatic, which I don’t think you intend to do as you are usually a sensible contributor. 

if a country ruled by a democratically elected government has received a mandate then not to be able to act on it because of outside interference deserves raising as an issue.

Not promoting anything at all, fella.

EVERYONE (And I mean...EVERYONE!) knew the score regarding the consequences of the 2016 EU Referendum ...even The SNP.

I heard the phrase "...enacting the democratic will of the people..." on an almost daily basis in the aftermath of the Referendum ...yet only 1 political party actually bothered to follow through on their promise... 🤔

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2021 6:35 am
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

Don’t shout - it’s rude and unwarranted, especially when you are attempting to pass your opinion off as fact, fella.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2021 7:21 am
Page 1 / 5
Share: