Next home game v Ol...

Notifications
Clear all

Next home game v Oldham and Tyler Dupree

Page 1 / 2
(@primrose-viking)
Estimable Member

Looking forward to seeing Tyler dupree for Oldham in a week or so.

Tyler is a young bloke released by Leeds and now ripping it up with Oldham

He was in the England academy team maybe three years ago, and I've rated this lad highly from that time

I do fear however that a super league team will pounce to sign him

Topic starter Posted : 26/08/2021 10:51 am
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

He never played for England Academy, but he played for Yorkshire against Australia Schoolboys.

If a Super League team wanted to pounce and sign him, they would have done it for 2022 by now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2021 11:28 am
(@primrose-viking)
Estimable Member

He never played for England Academy, but he played for Yorkshire against Australia Schoolboys. If a Super League team wanted to pounce and sign him, they would have done it for 2022 by now.

I stand corrected

I went that Yorkshire game.

Super league clubs want to sign players who can perform now.

Tyler will be a sensation if he signs for us.

He was not happy with the training routines at Leeds and only being offered a basic salary of around £18,000

It's a problem

As he can no doubt earn double that by working and playing for Oldham

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/08/2021 12:11 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

He never played for England Academy, but he played for Yorkshire against Australia Schoolboys. If a Super League team wanted to pounce and sign him, they would have done it for 2022 by now.

I stand corrected I went that Yorkshire game. Super league clubs want to sign players who can perform now. Tyler will be a sensation if he signs for us. He was not happy with the training routines at Leeds and only being offered a basic salary of around £18,000 It’s a problem As he can no doubt earn double that by working and playing for Oldham

Or Widnes!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2021 12:37 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

You seem to know an awful lot of stuff Primrose.

Who do you think we will be signing for next season ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2021 12:46 pm
(@primrose-viking)
Estimable Member
  1. You seem to know an awful lot of stuff Primrose. Who do you think we will be signing for next season ?

Unfortunately I know very little

Bradley O'Neil would be great

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/08/2021 5:28 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Wire signed Harrison from Featherstone another Championship prop, but he's just done his ACL last week and had surgery. I hope we have signed Dupree, Oldham look certain to go down so he can stay in the Championship if he signs fir us. His displays could attract a SL side however. I guess it depends what kind of job he has?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2021 5:39 pm
(@primrose-viking)
Estimable Member

Wire signed Harrison from Featherstone another Championship prop, but he’s just done his ACL last week and had surgery. I hope we have signed Dupree, Oldham look certain to go down so he can stay in the Championship if he signs fir us. His displays could attract a SL side however. I guess it depends what kind of job he has?

There are a growing number of players in the championship who could do a job in super league

Say you can earn £28000 in your day Job and get another £25000 from a championship team, you are in the mid 50"s money wise, so there are several dozen high quality players who are frozen out of super league

We have a few in our backs at widnes who could equally do a job in super league

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/08/2021 7:56 pm
 ma
(@ma)
Trusted Member

Wire signed Harrison from Featherstone another Championship prop, but he’s just done his ACL last week and had surgery. I hope we have signed Dupree, Oldham look certain to go down so he can stay in the Championship if he signs fir us. His displays could attract a SL side however. I guess it depends what kind of job he has?

There are a growing number of players in the championship who could do a job in super league Say you can earn £28000 in your day Job and get another £25000 from a championship team, you are in the mid 50″s money wise, so there are several dozen high quality players who are frozen out of super league We have a few in our backs at widnes who could equally do a job in super league

I think its a bit more intricate than that but I get the point. Many younger players drop into the Championship as they can make much more money playing part time and combining it with a job. I suppose it gives them a chance to mature and develop whilst not earning a pittance like they would as a fringe (or even less) player in SL. Theres definitely players in the Champ who could cut it in SL, IF they were given time to adapt.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2021 8:05 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

As the new Sky contract bites SL clubs might be less able to pay enough to keep developing players on decent FT contracts, or at least contracts that compete with a reasonable job plus a sensible PT contract. They may even drop the insistence on FT for squad players.

A lot comes down to non RL pay rates which will be revised as Covid is relaxed. Plenty of jobs about as things get organised.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2021 9:11 pm
Gofyn
(@gofyn)
Estimable Member

I was talking to two Wigan scouts at Wales u17s last week and said O'Neill will be off the bench for the pies next season. Said he was a scout for Widnes over the years

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2021 9:50 pm
 JJ65
(@richard-richard)
Reputable Member

There are a growing number of players in the championship who could do a job in super league Say you can earn £28000 in your day Job and get another £25000 from a championship team, you are in the mid 50″s money wise, so there are several dozen high quality players who are frozen out of super league We have a few in our backs at widnes who could equally do a job in super league

Who are these SL quality backs we have?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2021 10:16 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Who are the 'SL class' backs in SL atm?  There seems to a lack of class backs in the game. The NRL also seems to lack backs of the Lockyer, Inglis, Slater, class these days.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2021 11:51 am
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Who are the ‘SL class’ backs in SL atm? There seems to a lack of class backs in the game. The NRL also seems to lack backs of the Lockyer, Inglis, Slater, class these days.

Albert Kelly has just been given a deal at Brisbane Broncos.That tells you enough.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2021 12:27 pm
(@primrose-viking)
Estimable Member

Who are the ‘SL class’ backs in SL atm? There seems to a lack of class backs in the game. The NRL also seems to lack backs of the Lockyer, Inglis, Slater, class these days.

Selwyn cobbo

Xavier Coates

Stephen crighton

Jason Saab

The next generation

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/08/2021 12:27 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: