New signing tomorro...

Notifications
Clear all

New signing tomorrow

(@cumbria-viking)
Reputable Member

Club have replied to a tweet asking if any news of a signing today and replied with tomorrow .....almost certainly brad holroyd ....potentially rumour wise oliver Davies....we shall see

Topic starter Posted : 13/10/2021 3:17 pm
 J.Mc
(@j-mc)
Eminent Member

Hope it is a NEW signing although retention is not a bad thing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2021 5:43 pm
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

Club have replied to a tweet asking if any news of a signing today and replied with tomorrow …..almost certainly brad holroyd ….potentially rumour wise oliver Davies….we shall see

I do not recall Olly Davies being mentioned before anywhere? Another second row forward or does this mean Liam Bent has been signed as a prop where he started out. In the last few years though he has been in the second row or loose forward. IMO not sure he is big enough for the type of prop we ideally need.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2021 6:10 pm
(@cumbria-viking)
Reputable Member

Think it was John davidson that the davies story came from couple weeks back ....I'd imagine it will be holroyd as that was broke weeks ago n now Workington are done the timing seems right

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/10/2021 6:13 pm
(@blue-viking)
Estimable Member

Both Davies and Holroyd will be Widnes players next year

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2021 6:18 pm
(@pascal)
Prominent Member

Davies? Any good

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2021 8:02 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

If we are signing Davies I don't understand why we are signing so many 2nd rowers. I know props are hard to find but we have tried the smaller 2nd rowers at prop before and it doesn't work.  We end up being bullied and getting tired. If we did sign him I would say we have too many players classed as either 2nd row or loose forward.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2021 8:25 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

If we are signing another back rower, would indicate to me that Baker will definitely be a prop and perhaps Grady.

Also could indicate that Bent could be used there, even though I think he played 2nd row throughout his time at Oldham.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2021 9:33 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Club have replied to a tweet asking if any news of a signing today and replied with tomorrow …..almost certainly brad holroyd ….potentially rumour wise oliver Davies….we shall see

I do not recall Olly Davies being mentioned before anywhere? Another second row forward or does this mean Liam Bent has been signed as a prop where he started out. In the last few years though he has been in the second row or loose forward. IMO not sure he is big enough for the type of prop we ideally need.

If Bent is signed as a prop his involvement in the gym business should enable him to add a few kg's if needed. His reputation as a' tackling machine' indicates that he has a big engine which is a good sign.  Bulky prop forwards walking back to get on side in the Final looked pretty lack lustre tbh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2021 9:33 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Tilleke renewal.

Fair enough and deserved.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2021 4:11 pm
(@sunny)
Noble Member

Tilleke renewal. Fair enough and deserved.

Agreed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2021 4:15 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Well deserved.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2021 4:37 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

He had a good first season for a young lad who won’t have been expected to play anything like that number of games that he did at the start of the year. Plenty to build on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2021 4:48 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

He will be all the better next year after this year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2021 6:50 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

He will be all the better next year after this year.

As Simon said he's had several years experience crammed into one!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2021 8:47 pm
Share: