Notifications
Clear all

New Signing

Page 1 / 4
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

The rumours were right again. Brad Holroyd is our latest signing.
we just need a big prop now.

Topic starter Posted : 18/10/2021 6:15 pm
Badly Overdrawn Boy
(@badly-overdrawn-boy)
Honorable Member

Widnes Vikings (@WidnesRL) Tweeted:
📝 Introducing our newest signing for 2022...

#COYV🏁 https://t.co/YPm3bScw5h https://twitter.com/WidnesRL/status/1450159744602320903?s=20

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2021 6:17 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

The type of signing we should be making, highly rated youngster on the up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2021 6:44 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Agree, he looks quick and a good finisher. Looks like he is fully effective at wing and fullback as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2021 7:23 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

The type of signing we should be making, highly rated youngster on the up.

Sadly, these days though, we aren’t the end of the line in how far he can develop. If he has a good season with us, say 20+ tries the SL clubs will be knocking on the door for him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2021 7:52 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Just hope that our 4 yr plan includes us taking players like him with us on our rise! That is if SL is still a viable option and we have the finance to support that rise.

Recovery will take time if it is to be sustainable, the magic 'sugar daddy' is a very unstable thing to rely on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2021 9:00 pm
(@mckviking)
Prominent Member

Looks to be a good signing 👍

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2021 10:53 pm
(@johnnyboy)
Reputable Member

But how many backs do we need (esp when we let quite a few go)?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2021 1:37 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

The ones that we 'let go' went because they wanted to climb up into SL. We have signed players with a bit more experience who are also looking to climb higher.

Sadly that is the way the system works and even if/when we get up there again it will still be teams at the bottom end losing out to teams at the top, paying more if you believe Saints!

We just have to hope that the lads eagerness plus a couple of props will carry us upward.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2021 2:21 pm
(@wirralviking)
Estimable Member

Life in the Championship suggests wholesale player changes between each season, it's just the way of the world. Quite unusual that we have a few lads on 2 or even 3 year deals. Always a risk our better ones will be poached by full time Championship teams or even SL teams. So its a case of enjoy them whilst we can and Holroyd looks a decent player.

The worry of course is that the couple of experienced props just aren't there to recruit, however much we, as fans, or even the Club might want them. Players will rarely travel over from Yorkshire and we seem to have a shortage this side of the hills. As I've said before I'd have loved Clough to give it another year and if Saints had let Amor go that would have been perfect, but Amor probably demonstrates what we are up against, Saints still feel they need him (made the Grand Final bench I think), so SL teams need reliable old heads too!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2021 3:25 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Heard that we have made an offer to Bill Ramsey but he hasn't replied!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2021 4:29 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Saw two Workington games on our league recently and Holroyd was very lively.

Some decent forwards in the Workington, Keighley and Doncaster teams that I saw but the distance thing unless they are from the NW is snookering us a bit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2021 4:33 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Saw two Workington games on our league recently and Holroyd was very lively. Some decent forwards in the Workington, Keighley and Doncaster teams that I saw but the distance thing unless they are from the NW is snookering us a bit.

That is a theme that we are following it seems. May be lucky and find, as you say, some prop looking to come home. Here's hoping anyway!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2021 7:21 pm
(@sunny)
Noble Member

Heard that we have made an offer to Bill Ramsey but he hasn’t replied!

I would be surprised if we had.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2021 10:06 pm
(@sunny)
Noble Member

Heard that we have made an offer to Bill Ramsey but he hasn’t replied!

I would be surprised if we had.

Heard back from him, that is.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2021 10:33 am
Page 1 / 4
Share: